To begin, we shall look into the definition of a cubic function. That is, we now know the points (0, 2), (1, 2) and (-3, 2). So it's negative This is indicated by the, a minimum value between the roots \(x = 1\) and \(x = 3\). From the initial form of the function, however, we can see that this function will be equal to 0 when x=0, x=1, or x=-1. Before we begin this method of graphing, we shall introduce The Location Principle. WebStep 1: Enter the Function you want to domain into the editor. [4] This can be seen as follows. That's right, it is! p Anything times 0 will equal 0 (1x0=0;2x0=0;3x0=0;4x0=0 etc) therefore if (x-5)(x+3) = 0, either x-5 = 0 or x+3=0, therefore either x=5 or x=-3, but if (x-5)(x+3) = 15; x can equal an infinite number of values, as long as it equals 15, therefore, one cannot definitely say what the value of x is, unless the entire equation equals 0. why is it that to find a vertex you must do -b/2a? Firstly, notice that there is a negative sign before the equation above. y The water in the larger aquarium weighs 37.44 pounds more than the water in the smaller aquarium. Answer link Related questions What is the Vertex Form of a Quadratic Equation? Step 2: Notice that between \(x=-3\) and \(x=-2\) the value of \(f(x)\) changes sign. In the parent function, this point is the origin. 3 And here your formula is whose deriving seems pretty daunting but is based on just simple logical reasoning. The graph shifts \(h\) units to the right. Basic Algebra We may be able to solve using basic algebra: Example: 2x+1 2x+1 is a linear polynomial: The graph of y = 2x+1 is a straight line It is linear so there is one root. to figure out the coordinate. Direct link to Adam Doyle's post Because then you will hav, Posted 5 years ago. You could just take the derivative and solve the system of equations that results to get the cubic they need. + WebFind a cubic polynomial whose graph has horizontal tangents at (2, 5) and (2, 3) A vertex on a function f(x) is defined as a point where f(x) = 0. If you're behind a web filter, please make sure that the domains *.kastatic.org and *.kasandbox.org are unblocked. Before we compare these graphs, it is important to establish the following definitions. How do the interferometers on the drag-free satellite LISA receive power without altering their geodesic trajectory? "V" with vertex (h, k), slope m = a on the right side of the vertex (x > h) and slope m = - a on the left side of the vertex (x < h). And so to find the y What happens to the graph when \(a\) is small in the vertex form of a cubic function? which is the simplest form that can be obtained by a similarity. = Its vertex is (0, 1). Step 4: Plot the points and sketch the curve. A cubic function equation is of the form f (x) = ax 3 + bx 2 + cx + d, where a, b, c, and d are constants (or real numbers) and a 0. How do You Determine a Cubic Function? SparkNotes PLUS on the x term. x of these first two terms, I'll factor out a 5, because I = b But a parabola has always a vertex. d or equal to 0. WebSolve by completing the square: Non-integer solutions. Varying \(a\) changes the cubic function in the y-direction, i.e. So that's one way In which video do they teach about formula -b/2a. Notice that varying \(a, k\) and \(h\) follow the same concept in this case. Other than these two shifts, the function is very much the same as the parent function. this comes from when you look at the It's the x value that's Improving the copy in the close modal and post notices - 2023 edition, New blog post from our CEO Prashanth: Community is the future of AI. gets closer to the y-axis and the steepness raises. This means that the graph will take the shape of an inverted (standard) cubic polynomial graph. , So, if youre working with the equation 2x^2 + 4x + 9 = y, a = 2, b = 4, and c = 9. if the parabola is opening upwards, i.e. Note here that \(x=1\) has a multiplicity of 2. 2 back into the equation. So i am being told to find the vertex form of a cubic. Now, observe the curve made by the movement of this ball. If you were to distribute | b ( Varying \(h\) changes the cubic function along the x-axis by \(h\) units. this is that now I can write this in p Were committed to providing the world with free how-to resources, and even $1 helps us in our mission. Be careful and remember the negative sign in our initial equation! y = (x - 2)3 + 1. And again in between \(x=0\) and \(x=1\). 3 This coordinate right over here Make sure that you know what a, b, and c are - if you don't, the answer will be wrong. Purchasing And I want to write this Stack Exchange network consists of 181 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. 2 Here Unlike quadratic functions, cubic functions will always have at least one real solution. . sgn $24.99 help for you in your life, because you might wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. It may have two critical points, a local minimum and a local maximum. square, I just have to take half of this coefficient f'(x) = 3ax^2 + 2bx + c$ We have some requirements for the stationary points. $f'(x) = 3a(x-2)(x+2)\\ Once you find the a.o.s., substitute the value in for We start by replacing with a simple variable, , then solve for . 2. ) We've seen linear and exponential functions, and now we're ready for quadratic functions. This gives us: The decimal approximation of this number is 3.59, so the x-intercept is approximately (3.59, 0). From this i conclude: $3a = 1$, $2b=(M+L)$, $c=M*L$, so, solving these: $a=1/3$, $b=\frac{L+M}{2}$, $c=M*L$. Probably the easiest, graph of f (x) = (x - 2)3 + 1: Find the x-intercept by setting y equal to zero and solving for x. You can switch to another theme and you will see that the plugin works fine and this notice disappears. {\displaystyle \operatorname {sgn}(0)=0,} We say that these graphs are symmetric about the origin. $f(x) = ax^3 + bx^2+cx +d\\ = How to find discriminant of a cubic equation? , The domain calculator allows you to take a simple or complex function and find the domain in both interval and set notation instantly. is zero, and the third derivative is nonzero. Once more, we obtain two turning points for this graph: Here is our final example for this discussion. Given the values of a function and its derivative at two points, there is exactly one cubic function that has the same four values, which is called a cubic Hermite spline. After attaining a perfect 800 math score and a 690 English score on the SAT, David was awarded the Dickinson Scholarship from the University of Miami, where he graduated with a Bachelors degree in Business Administration. In the parent function, this point is the origin. , Posted 11 years ago. In other cases, the coefficients may be complex numbers, and the function is a complex function that has the set of the complex numbers as its codomain, even when the domain is restricted to the real numbers. plus 2ax plus a squared. To find the vertex, set x = -h so that the squared term is equal to 0, and set y = k. In this particular case, you would write 3(x + 1)^2 + (-5) = y. d For the next 7 days, you'll have access to awesome PLUS stuff like AP English test prep, No Fear Shakespeare translations and audio, a note-taking tool, personalized dashboard, & much more! If you're seeing this message, it means we're having trouble loading external resources on our website. The blue point is the other \(x\)-intercept, which is also the inflection point (refer below for further clarification). Find the y-intercept by setting x equal to zero and solving the equation for y. has the value 1 or 1, depending on the sign of p. If one defines Here are a few examples of cubic functions. By entering your email address you agree to receive emails from SparkNotes and verify that you are over the age of 13. This article has been viewed 1,737,793 times. ) Direct link to Igal Sapir's post The Domain of a function , Posted 9 years ago. Level up on all the skills in this unit and collect up to 3100 Mastery points! + | And for that (x+ (b/2a)) should be equal to zero. I could have literally, up Note that the point (0, 0) is the vertex of the parent function only. This is described in the table below. You can view our. Prior to this topic, you have seen graphs of quadratic functions. WebThe vertex used to be at (0,0), but now the vertex is at (2,0). Say the number of points to compute for each curve is precision. Thanks for creating a SparkNotes account! In our example, 2(-1)^2 + 4(-1) + 9 = 3. The minimum value is the smallest value of \(y\) that the graph takes. The Domain of a function is the group of all the x values allowed when calculating the expression. I now compare with the derivative of a cubic in the form: $ax^3 + bx^2 + cx + d$: $3a*x^2 + 2b*x + c = x^2 + (M+L)*x+M*L$ . We can translate, stretch, shrink, and reflect the graph. be the minimum point. So let me rewrite that. So, the x-value of the vertex is -1, and the y-value is 3. And that's where i get stumped. I have added 20 to the right Well, it depends. $ax^3+bx^2+cx+d$ can't be converted fully in general form to vertex form unless you have a trig up your sleeve. The problem Graphing cubic functions gives a two-dimensional model of functions where x is raised to the third power. Identify your study strength and weaknesses. The problem is $x^3$. If \(a\) is small (0 < \(a\) < 1), the graph becomes flatter (orange), If \(a\) is negative, the graph becomes inverted (pink curve), Varying \(k\) shifts the cubic function up or down the y-axis by \(k\) units, If \(k\) is negative, the graph moves down \(k\) units in the y-axis (blue curve), If \(k\) is positive, the graph moves up \(k\) units in the y-axis (pink curve). We can solve this equation for x to find the x-intercept(s): At this point, we have to take the cubed root of both sides. Thus a cubic function has always a single inflection point, which occurs at. After this change of variable, the new graph is the mirror image of the previous one, with respect of the y-axis. We can adopt the same idea of graphing cubic functions. Upload unlimited documents and save them online. So what about the cubic graph? Sometimes it can end up there. Again, the point (2, 6) would be on that graph. ) Google Classroom. In mathematics, a cubic function is a function of the form WebLogan has two aquariums. | The first point, (0, 2) is the y-intercept. {\displaystyle \operatorname {sgn}(p)} Describe the vertex by writing it down as an ordered pair in parentheses, or (-1, 3). If wikiHow has helped you, please consider a small contribution to support us in helping more readers like you. add a positive 4 here. Let \(a\) and \(b\) be two numbers in the domain of \(f\) such that \(f(a) < 0\) and \(f(b) > 0\). When does this equation As before, if we multiply the cubed function by a number a, we can change the stretch of the graph. By altering the coefficients or constants for a given cubic function, you can vary the shape of the curve. Say the number of cubic Bzier curves to draw is N. A cubic Bzier curve being defined by 4 control points, I will have N * 4 control points to give to the vertex shader. Can someone please . For this particular equation, the vertex is the lowest point, since the a-value is greater than 0. Stop procrastinating with our smart planner features. x This is not a derivation or proof of -b/2a, but he shows another way to get the vertex: Because then you will have a y coordinate for a given x. As this property is invariant under a rigid motion, one may suppose that the function has the form, If is a real number, then the tangent to the graph of f at the point (, f()) is the line, So, the intersection point between this line and the graph of f can be obtained solving the equation f(x) = f() + (x )f(), that is, So, the function that maps a point (x, y) of the graph to the other point where the tangent intercepts the graph is. Consequently, the function corresponds to the graph below. In this case, (2/2)^2 = 1. $\cos\left(3\cos^{-1}\left(x\right)\right)=4x^3-3x$, $$ax^{3}+bx^{2}+cx+d=\frac{2\sqrt{\left(b^{2}-3ac\right)^{3}}}{27a^{2}}\cos\left(3\cos^{-1}\left(\frac{x+\frac{b}{3a}}{\frac{2\sqrt{b^{2}-3ac}}{3a}}\right)\right)+\frac{27a^{2}d-9abc+2b^{3}}{27a^{2}}$$, Given that the question is asked in the context of a. 2 They will cancel, your answer will get real. Now, there's many Well, we know that this If \(h\) is negative, the graph shifts \(h\) units to the left of the x-axis (blue curve), If \(h\) is positive, the graph shifts \(h\) units to the right of the x-axis (pink curve). p The general form of a quadratic function is f(x) = ax2 + bx + c where a, b, and If f (x) = x+4 and g (x) = 2x^2 - x - 1, evaluate the composition (g compositefunction f) (2). x Are there any canonical examples of the Prime Directive being broken that aren't shown on screen? If the null hypothesis is never really true, is there a point to using a statistical test without a priori power analysis? talking about the coefficient, or b is the coefficient The graph becomes steeper or vertically stretched. The critical points of a cubic function are its stationary points, that is the points where the slope of the function is zero. (0, 0). And a is the coefficient The sign of the expression inside the square root determines the number of critical points. Find the local min/max of a cubic curve by using cubic "vertex" formula blackpenredpen 1.05M subscribers Join Subscribe 1K Share Save 67K views 5 years x Simplify and graph the function x(x-1)(x+3)+2. {\displaystyle x_{2}=x_{3}} + The whole point of the inflection point is thus the origin. Setting f(x) = 0 produces a cubic equation of the form. The Quadratic Formula Calculator finds solutions to quadratic equations with real coefficients. = An inflection point is a point on the curve where it changes from sloping up to down or sloping down to up. Lets suppose, for a moment, that this function did not include a 2 at the end. x Or we could say , Lastly, hit "zoom," then "0" to see the graph. Explanation: A quadratic equation is written as ax2 + bx +c in its standard form. [3] An inflection point occurs when the second derivative {\displaystyle y_{2}=y_{3}} And I am curious about the x to think about it. Shenelle has 100 100 meters of fencing to build a rectangular $$-8 a-2 c+d=5;\;8 a+2 c+d=3;\;12 a+c=0$$ Expert Help. For example, say you are trying to find the vertex of 3x^2 + 6x 2 = y. Then youll get 3(-1 + 1)^2 5 = y, which simplifies to 3(0) 5 = y, or -5=y. The easiest way to find the vertex is to use the vertex formula. be the maximum point. Thus, the y-intercept is (0, 0). Here is the graph of f (x) = (x - 2)3 + 1: In general, the graph of f (x) = a(x - h)3 + k Renews May 9, 2023 {\displaystyle \textstyle x_{2}=x_{3}{\sqrt {|p|}},\quad y_{2}=y_{3}{\sqrt {|p|^{3}}}} If I had a downward to find the x value. Not specifically, from the looks of things. How can I graph 3(x-1)squared +4 on a ti-84 calculator? Direct link to Neera Kapoor's post why is it that to find a , Posted 6 years ago. To verify the formula, simply rewrite $\cos\left(3\cos^{-1}\left(x\right)\right)$ as $4x^{3}-3x$, expand and simplify to get back the general cubic. reflected over the x-axis. If you are still not sure what to do you can contact us for help. So if I want to make The function intercepts points are the points at which the function crosses the x-axis or the y-axis. Start with a generic quadratic polynomial vanishing at $-2$ and $2$: $k(x^2-4)$. So i need to control the WebFunctions. Here is the now add 20 to y or I have to subtract 20 from thing that I did over here. Write an equation with a variable on of the users don't pass the Cubic Function Graph quiz! I start by: Thus, we can rewrite the function as. I either have to add 4 to both equal to b is negative 20. a function of the form. Well, this whole term is 0 Subscribe now. , Step 2: The term 3 indicates that the graph must move 5 units down the \(y\)-axis. on a minimum value. What happens to the graph when \(k\) is negative in the vertex form of a cubic function? In particular, we can find the derivative of the cubic function, which will be a quadratic function. Only thing i know is that substituting $x$ for $L$ should give me $G$. Here is the graph of f (x) = - | x + 2| + 3: The green point represents the maximum value. We'll explore how these functions and the parabolas they produce can be used to solve real-world problems. To get the vertex all we do is compute the x x coordinate from a a and b b and then plug this into the function to get the y y coordinate. If the function is indeed just a shift of the function x3, the location of the vertex implies that its algebraic representation is (x-1)3+5. The order of operations must be followed for a correct outcome. This is known as the vertex form of cubic functions. In our example, this will give you 3(x^2 + 2x + 1) = y + 2 + 3(1), which you can simplify to 3(x^2 + 2x + 1) = y + 5. going to be a parabola. In a calculus textbook, i am asked the following question: Find a cubic polynomial whose graph has horizontal tangents at (2, 5) and (2, 3). In the function (x-1)3, the y-intercept is (0-1)3=-(-1)3=-1. f (x) = 2| x - 1| - 4 $ax^3+bx^2+cx+d$ can't be converted fully in general form to vertex form unless you have a trig up your sleeve. Why is my arxiv paper not generating an arxiv watermark? Further i'd like to generalize and call the two vertex points (M, S), (L, G). 6 negative b over 2a. before adding the 4, then they're not going to $$ax^{3}+bx^{2}+cx+d=\frac{2\sqrt{\left(b^{2}-3ac\right)^{3}}}{27a^{2}}\cos\left(3\cos^{-1}\left(\frac{x+\frac{b}{3a}}{\frac{2\sqrt{b^{2}-3ac}}{3a}}\right)\right)+\frac{27a^{2}d-9abc+2b^{3}}{27a^{2}}$$ Note this works for any cubic, you just might need complex numbers. ). WebThe vertex of the cubic function is the point where the function changes directions. So, putting these values back in the standard form of a cubic gives us: So the x-coordinate We use the term relative maximum or minimum here as we are only guessing the location of the maximum or minimum point given our table of values. $f'(x) = 3a(x-2)(x+2)\\ Otherwise, a cubic function is monotonic. By using this service, some information may be shared with YouTube. If the equation is in the form \(y=(xa)(xb)(xc)\), we can proceed to the next step. y I have an equation right here. a squared, that's going to be x squared 1 The vertex of the graph of a quadratic function is the highest or lowest possible output for that function. (one code per order). This is the first term. ( Did you know you can highlight text to take a note? If you're behind a web filter, please make sure that the domains *.kastatic.org and *.kasandbox.org are unblocked. for a customized plan. re-manipulate this equation so you can spot The only difference here is that the power of \((x h)\) is 3 rather than 2! to start your free trial of SparkNotes Plus. minus 40, which is negative 20, plus 15 is negative 5. If you want to learn how to find the vertex of the equation by completing the square, keep reading the article! {\displaystyle f''(x)=6ax+2b,} {\displaystyle \textstyle x_{1}={\frac {x_{2}}{\sqrt {a}}},y_{1}={\frac {y_{2}}{\sqrt {a}}}} 4, that's negative 2. Because the coefficient on the The quadratic formula gives solutions to the quadratic equation ax^2+bx+c=0 and is written in the form of x = (-b (b^2 - 4ac)) / (2a) Does any quadratic equation have two solutions? These points are called x-intercepts and y-intercepts, respectively. Browse other questions tagged, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site. a Step 1: Factorise the given cubic function. b that is, a polynomial function of degree three. sides or I should be careful. Graphing Absolute Value and Cubic Functions. You can also figure out the vertex using the method of completing the square. So, if you have 2 x intercepts on the left and right sides of this parabola, their average will give you the x coordinate of the vertex, which is directly in the middle. Find the vertex of the parabola f(x) = x 2 - 16x + 63. term right over here is always going to In fact, the graph of a cubic function is always similar to the graph of a function of the form, This similarity can be built as the composition of translations parallel to the coordinates axes, a homothecy (uniform scaling), and, possibly, a reflection (mirror image) with respect to the y-axis. To ease yourself into such a practice, let us go through several exercises. Contact us to 0 or when x equals 2. y= Now it's not so The pink points represent the \(x\)-intercepts. What happens when we vary \(h\) in the vertex form of a cubic function? to hit a minimum value when this term is equal this 15 out to the right, because I'm going to have To solve a quadratic equation, use the quadratic formula: x = (-b (b^2 - 4ac)) / (2a). To shift this function up or down, we can add or subtract numbers after the cubed part of the function. x As with quadratic functions and linear functions, the y-intercept is the point where x=0. For this technique, we shall make use of the following steps. If a < 0, the graph is Step 4: The graph for this given cubic polynomial is sketched below. Simplify the function x(x-2)(x+2). "Fantastic job; explicit instruction and clean presentation. The shortcut to graphing the function f ( x) = x2 is to start at the point (0, 0) (the origin) and mark the point, called the vertex. on 2-49 accounts, Save 30% I don't know actually where Let's return to our basic cubic function graph, \(y=x^3\). ( WebWe want to convert a cubic equation of the form into the form . We can add 2 to all of the y-value in our intercepts. What do hollow blue circles with a dot mean on the World Map? To log in and use all the features of Khan Academy, please enable JavaScript in your browser. hit a minimum value? And then I have Expanding the function gives us x3-4x. Last Updated: September 5, 2022 Step 4: Now that we have these values and we have concluded the behaviour of the function between this domain of \(x\), we can sketch the graph as shown below. that looks like this, 2ax, into a perfect 2 Your group members can use the joining link below to redeem their group membership. Integrate that, and use the two arbitrary constants to set the correct values of $y$. right side of the vertex, and m = - 1 on the left side of the vertex. The x-intercept of this function is more complicated. p f (x) = x3 ( So I'll do that. Hence, we need to conduct trial and error to find a value of \(x\) where the remainder is zero upon solving for \(y\). The trick here is to calculate several points from a given cubic function and plot it on a graph which we will then connect together to form a smooth, continuous curve. What happens to the graph when \(h\) is positive in the vertex form of a cubic function? Varying\(h\)changes the cubic function along the x-axis by\(h\)units. + Subtract 5 from both sides of the equation to get 3(x + 1)^2 5 = y. This article was co-authored by David Jia. y {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/f0\/Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-1-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-1-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/f0\/Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-1-Version-2.jpg\/aid586797-v4-728px-Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-1-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

License: Creative Commons<\/a>
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/8\/81\/Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-2-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-2-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/8\/81\/Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-2-Version-2.jpg\/aid586797-v4-728px-Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-2-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/b\/bc\/Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-3-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-3-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/b\/bc\/Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-3-Version-2.jpg\/aid586797-v4-728px-Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-3-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/4e\/Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-4-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-4-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/4e\/Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-4-Version-2.jpg\/aid586797-v4-728px-Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-4-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/9\/9a\/Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-5-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-5-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/9\/9a\/Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-5-Version-2.jpg\/aid586797-v4-728px-Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-5-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/1\/17\/Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-6-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-6-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/1\/17\/Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-6-Version-2.jpg\/aid586797-v4-728px-Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-6-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/1\/17\/Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-7-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-7-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/1\/17\/Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-7-Version-2.jpg\/aid586797-v4-728px-Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-7-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/e8\/Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-8-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-8-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/e8\/Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-8-Version-2.jpg\/aid586797-v4-728px-Find-the-Vertex-of-a-Quadratic-Equation-Step-8-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"