A forum community dedicated to Subaru Impreza and STI owners and enthusiasts. Select the network you want to use. All Rights Reserved. As always, the best solution would be to flash it to stock first, but, I get that that may not always be an option. Your email address will not be published. Most of them will be simple plug-and-play affairs, with no need to install any extra drivers that Windows or macOS can't find themselves, but double-check compatibility with your laptop and operating system before buying. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. If you send us an email to [emailprotected] with more details, including the AP part number and firmware version youre on, we can better help you troubleshoot! Im happy with the current tune but I just would like to monitor the engine and read engine codes. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Customer Support Email:[emailprotected]. Reboot the computer. hi there I have cobb AP and somehow my mechanic puts in an ecutek rom in my car. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your devices and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. If you don't have an Ethernet port, that's OK; you can buy an adapter or dock and use that instead. Then reconnected, cleared any error codes from the car, and tried again. I am going to have one of my customer service reps setup a support ticket and send you an email ASAP to further troubleshoot. A firmware update itself will not make visible the new maps if your Accessport is installed. Come join the discussion about performance, engine builds, exhaust, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! If it seems to be stuck on that screen, your best bet is to disconnect/reconnect the Accessport and let Accessport Manager attempt to complete the update. Some adapters can convert USB-A and USB-C ports to an Ethernet connection, with different bandwidths available depending on the generation of the USB port. If it won't recognize the AccessPORT, try a different USB port. 10 responses to "Updating Your Accessport" 4. Any tips? Trying to update the firmware and keep getting an error saying to use another usb port or cable. Docking stations can provide more permanent port options in specific locations. Have you ever been stuck on a screen with error messages like these when trying to install your Accessport or change maps? That issue can be caused by a number of things. Please help. To know for sure, wed need to know what Accessport part number you have. They're pretty large, which doesn't lend itself to the smaller, thinner designs of modern laptops, and current Wi-Fi speeds are more than enough for most needs, so most laptops don't come with an Ethernet port. If you send us an email to [emailprotected] with more details (what firmware youre on) we can better help you troubleshoot. Im sorry for the issues. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. You can also connect to the internet by connecting an Ethernet cable from your computer to a LAN port on your modem or router. I have a sub V3 Accessport and the accessory will read the gauges but the accessory says to verify that ignition switch in the on position when I was going to check the idle. If you give us a call at 866-922-3059, we can help you troubleshoot. If the Wi-Fi icon is not displayed in the taskbar, you may need to click the icon that resembles a bracket pointing up, If you don't see your network's name, you may need to move closer to your router/modem, or check to make sure your Wi-Fi network is up and running. When configuring VLANs on Cisco Switches, you must add a user on the network to the created VLAN. When you visit the site, Dotdash Meredith and its partners may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Here are the instructions: https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PRS/pages/62357749/How+To+Update+Your+AP+s+Firmware. 2017 Audi A3 (8V) Quattro S Tronic USDM For the most robust but location-specific expansion of your laptop's ports, you can use docking stations. As it turns out, t=we discontinued support for the v2 a couple of years ago. Thanks for adding your input to the post. Locate your ECU data file and highlight it. After this, I have to unplug it and plug it back in to get it to reconnect to the car. In doing so, you have to connect the Ethernet interface of the user computer to the corresponding interface of the Switch, and you . Sergio B. On the Wi-Fi quick setting, select Manage Wi-Fi connections . Sometimes if the firmware is too old, you may have issues connecting with the AccessPORT Manager software. wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. then said ''failed to connect'' and it does not see the accesport. Hi, I purchase a new AP3-AU-SUB-004 for my 2018 STI (from Australia). He studied graphic design at Pikes Peak Community College. If you still find that your laptop is leaning on its Wi-Fi connection instead, consider disabling Wi-Fi temporarily to make your laptop prioritize the Ethernet connection instead. Where can I get the network security key? iPhone v. Android: Which Is Best For You? We allow it when possible, otherwise, its usually not an option. Troubleshooting questions are best handled directly with our support team since it can be a lengthy discussion that isnt suited for the comment section. System Requirements: Windows: 8.1, 10; (Windows ARM not supported) & 11. Once done, its all plug and play from there! Thanks for contacting us. It may feel like the Accessport cable is in place, but the pins may have not all seated properly. Hello I just bought the Accessport on 1/23/2022 and I plug my Accessport into my laptop but nothing shows up to where I can update it . Describes the SerialPortNames property, which gets a collection of the names of the serial ports on the computer. Im sorry to hear about your Accessport. Reading and Clearing codes through the Troubleshooting menu can be accomplished without needing to install the Accessport. I am also having this exact same issue 2021 GTI. Try that first, if you still have issues, give us a PM and we will see if we can't try something else. 866-922-3059. Choose the account you want to sign in with. Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. The Disconnected icon appears when youre not connected. In order to connect to an internet network, you need to set up your wireless network. It does this every time I try to change the monitoring options on the gauge screen as well. It not staying on may be due to my OBDII but im not sure on what i should do about the message about the corrupted files. Required fields are marked *. Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. Try the flowchart on Cobb's website. 11:57 AM Hi, My AccessPort does not want to connect to my mazdaspeed anymore. Did I purchase the incorrect accessport? Would you mind reaching out to our Customer Service Department at 1-866-922-3059 or [emailprotected]? hi i have what seems to be an older gen cobb port and it was working just fine and now it does not turn on what so ever when plugged into the vehicles OBD2 port. We use cookies to make wikiHow great. If you have an Ethernet port on your laptop, all you need to do is plug an Ethernet cable into that port and connect it to your router on the other end. I connected my cobb accesport today via USB and it loaded for minutes. This makes it optimal for things like gaming PCs. Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows Connect to a Wi-Fi network SUBSCRIBE RSS FEEDS Need more help? Depending on the update, you may need to reflash your vehicle with a new map file once the updates have been applied to the Accessport. 20 responses to "Updating Your Accessport" Obviously my accessport is connected and is in the initializing mode, but it just won't transfer the info to the computer. The wikiHow Tech Team also followed the article's instructions and verified that they work. JavaScript is disabled. Sorry for the bad news. 2018 Audi A3 (8V) Quattro S Tronic USDM 17 fiesta st. Im sorry for the issues. If your network hardware (e.g., your router, modem, and/or cable) isn't working correctly, you may not be able to connect to your selected network. Will my ecu lock as soon as I plug it in? I have a 2017 Audi A3 2.0T FWD. Travis COBB Tuning Click to expand. Im sorry to hear about the issues. Hi! Enter your network password. Type the network password, and then select Next. It might be on the bottom side of your router. 4. Could you provide any reference(s) to explain this, or other, functional difference? Corrosioncan spread from the connections to the board and ruin the entire unit. https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/microprocessor-controlled+battery+charger-maintainer.do?code=PPCPLG&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzOvskduS5QIVDtvACh1XBQcBEAQYBSABEgL_ovD_BwE, https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PRS/pages/62357749/How+To+Update+Your+AP+s+Firmware. Step 4. Connecting to Accessport Manager: Plug your Accessport into your computer Open up Accessport Manager Click "Connect" (if Auto Connect isn't turned on) Adding files to the Accessport: On the Right hand side of Accessport Manager select "Import File(s) to Accessport" Choose the file you wish to put onto your Accessport Trying a different USB port and USB cable may help the update complete succesfully. The last step is, as daddy4count mentioned, to call customer service. DId you ever get help with this? The same tips apply if what you want to connect to the router doesn't have a port. Whether you're at home, work, or out and about, chances are you'll find a Wi-Fi network that you can connect to for internet access. Here is one that we have in the office and would highly recommend. Message showing is An error ocurred while updating the Accesport. If youve followed the steps in the post and are still having issues, give us a call at 866-922-3059 or email [emailprotected] and we can help! Keep in mind that connecting to a network is different than setting up a wired computer network such as the kind you'd find in an office. If your Accessport is having trouble communicating with your car and you patiently go through each of the recommended steps you will almost always figure out the problem. But when I click check for updates, it says Im using the latest firmware. Click the icon that resembles a wireframe globe in the taskbar. Your Ethernet cable shouldn't be longer than 100 meters, and 90 meters is commonly accepted as the maximum effective length. Ethernet cables' ends are interchangeable, so it doesn't matter which end you plug into the computer or the router. Im sorry to hear youre having issues. The $400 update is only an update. Were committed to providing the world with free how-to resources, and even $1 helps us in our mission. Refer to your AccessPORT manual if you are unsure of where these are.) Hey Cameron, sorry to hear about the troubles with your Accessport! 2020 Audi A3 (8V) Quattro S Tronic USDM. Alternatively, you can connect the computer directly to the Internet modem or router using an Ethernet cable. how to transfer maps and data logs from accessport v3 to you computer - YouTube 0:00 / 5:32 how to transfer maps and data logs from accessport v3 to you computer rst chan 280 subscribers. If you can, give our Customer Service Team a shout at 1-866-9223059 or [emailprotected] and theyll get you sorted. The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. If you give us a call at 866-922-3059 well be happy to help walk you through it! Bill. Thanks for the reply Bill!! 1. That firmware version is older and may be from before we made USB protocol changes. This article was co-authored by wikiHow staff writer, Travis Boylls. Please don't forget to rate this post if it has been helpful. The V2 Accessport is only compatible with USB 2.0 ports. Choose the Wi-Fi network you want, then select Connect. Can I Connect My Ethernet Cable to My Laptop? How to Update the firmware of your AP and obtain the AP info Having the harness as stock as possible would be ideal. Simply connect your Accessport to your computer's USB port, fire up the software, and get to updatin'! They are available for both Windows laptops and MacBooks, so whatever laptop you have, you'll find a docking station that can work with yours. If you have an Ethernet port on your laptop, all you need to do is plug an Ethernet cable into that port and connect it to your router on the other end. Wet floor-mats are the number one cause of corrosion on the cable . If that doesnt solve the issue or you have any questions on the process, give us a call at 866-922-3059 and we can help! Choose the Wi-Fi network you want, then select Connect. The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.

Wordle Words List 2021, Dr Barbara Jenkins Biography, Articles H