From August of 2019 until May 2020, our mower sat outside. While I prefer metal decks, EGO's reinforced plastic is actually quite durable. I wish Id bought one sooner. First, I dont have to pull a string anymore. View Product. Please contact EGO Customer Service Toll-Free at 1-855-EGO-5656 any time you have questions or warranty claims. All EGO chargers charge all EGO batteries. The EGO LM2002 model has a plastic deck. It isnt the most powerful or expensive of EGOs products. In todays world of Internet news and online content, we found that more and more professionals researched a large majority of their major power tool purchases online. The EGO POWER+ 21" Select Cut XP Self-Propelled Mower delivers 8.3 ft-lb of torque that exceeds the power of gas. Tool News and Reviews Blog. It isn't a huge margin of victory, but due to the steel deck and price, I have to hand this one over to Greenworks. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. EGO does not officially support spraying out the underside of the mower. 3 Best Wood Chipper For Small Farm on Amazon You Need To Know! If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. But, I just put an Ego high lift blade on mine that is made specifically for bagging. One thing that separates EGO from other cordless mower options is its battery design. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'strandedathome_com-large-mobile-banner-2','ezslot_10',658,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-strandedathome_com-large-mobile-banner-2-0');The warranty period for routine maintenance parts, such as, but not limited to, blades, trimmer heads, chain bars, saw chains, belts, scraper bars, blower nozzles, and all other EGO accessories is 90 days for residential purpose, 30 days for industrial, professional or commercial purpose. Many users were satisfied that the LM2020SP did perform as well as a gas-powered mower which resulted in great cuts. Well yesterday my new EGO electric 56V, 20" Steel deck, brushless motor. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through product links in this article at no extra cost to you. The Select Cut in the name is because you get two blade options that both come with the kit. Check the owners manual for complete instructions. In comparison to steel, there is also more design flexibility for optimizing airflow. The EGO LM2101 push mower kit is one of the most affordable battery-powered lawn mowers on the market. EE 100% (2) TX, USA. I'll keep my newer echo gas trimmer that runs like a champ but the mower is what I am questioning. Several individuals liked the hassle-free mowing experience since they did not need to worry about gas and cord management. Thanks for the tip Steven. The other good news is that EGO runs their entire line on 56V batterieseven their zero-turn mowers. if youre on a budget. Working on a myriad of feature films, Clint honed his skills as a dialogue editor, foley editor, and sound designer. ideal for string trimmers and hedge trimmers, we prefer to use the 5.0Ah and 7.5Ah packs for lawn mowers. Free 2 day Shipping Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial. In a typical gas mower, youre looking at changing spark plugs, adding/changing oil, air filters, strings that break, filling/refilling the gas tank. Buy a Stihl. amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "search"; EGO does not officially support spraying out the underside of the mower. I keep seeing people on YouTube reviewing EGO mowers and/or testing the Polycarbonate deck EGO against other steel decks and downgrading because "EGO doesn't have a steel deck option." Although the charger sounds like it might take off flying by the sound of it when it first gets going, you can honestly expect a full charge for your battery in close to 30 minutes. Electric Start, Mulching, Bagging, Side Discharge, LED Headlights, Weather-Resistant Construction, Battery and Charger Not Included, Variable Speed. The model comes with a durable 20 inch steel deck. Be the first to know about new products, innovations, and offers. The mower cover is constructed to protect against dust, dirt and debris. Because we understand how valuable a properly cut lawn is and how hesitant you. The other good news is that EGOs complete line. Here are some of the highlights: The kit price with a 6.0Ah battery is $549still less expensive than most self-propelled cordless mowers of this quality. Price: $799 kit with two 5.0Ah batteries and rapid charger. It also put some massive distance over several other commercial gas mowers. However, theres plenty of power available to even handle some overgrowth if the weather or vacation forces you to let your lawn go a few extra days. Do not use a wire brush. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. remained at the forefront of battery-powered mower innovation. Even when we put their newest mowers through some brutally tough testing on a sod farm, the batteries we used immediately started charging, putting them back in the game hours before other brands in some cases. section. The rapid charger will charge any EGO battery faster than the standard charger but all chargers work interchangeably. They recommend to use a curved plastic scraper. Where the battery goes is a green cover (on the LM2002 model) that protects the circuits where the battery connects. When he's not playing with the latest power tool, Clint DeBoer enjoys life as a husband, father, and avid readerespecially the Bible. If your yard does take over 45 minutes to mow, you can get the majority of it done and use the quick charge feature to wait a short amount of time to get going again. Can I spray the underside of this mower with a hose to clean it? Check out EGOs incredible new Z6 Zero Turn Riding Mower. The EGO 21-Inch Select Cut mower is without a doubt the best walk-behind mower on the market right now. EGO runs on a 14-cell system that produces 56 volts. Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com. The beauty about the EGO line of products is that all of their chargers work with all of their batteries. Within a mnth that went out too. Here are a couple of frequently asked questions I was able to find over on EGOs website about the 5.0Ah battery. Even when we put their newest mowers through rigorous testing on a sod farm. Price: $799 kit with 10.0Ah battery and rapid charger. After returning back home, I pulled it out of the trunk (there are two dedicated handles for this), kept it folded and placed it up against the garage wall. With the 7.5 Ah battery that comes in the kit, you can expect up to an hour of runtime. Battery went out, got another one. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'strandedathome_com-mobile-leaderboard-1','ezslot_15',660,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-strandedathome_com-mobile-leaderboard-1-0');Visit the EGO battery page to learn more. We utilize the mulching blade because of our grass growing rates. This technology digitally senses and adapts the mowers speed to your stride. In the beginning it cut just ok, but the last year or two it leaves strips of uncut grass after each pass. this is the first EGO lawn mower to outperform entry-level gas mowers. Then you have to worry about where its going to be stored when its cold outside. Allow Necessary Cookies & Continue You can learn more about this here. Continue with Recommended Cookies. The EGO Power+ 56-Volt Lithium-Ion 20" Push Mower delivers the torque of gas. TNVC/NGI Giveaway: 15 winners with over $7000 worth of prizes!! I dont miss the maintenance, upkeep, or gas refills at all! 2 Superb Ways To Fix It. Before you buy one of the self-propelled EGO mowers, have a look at this: https://www.reddit.com/r/lawnmowers/comments/mglhdt/ego_lawn_mower_self_propelled_motor_stuck_on/, After reading your reviews, I purchased EGOs LM2135SP. I'll admit it leaves a nice cut on flat lawn, but it's very top back heavy, will flip on a 30 degree slope, and the motor shuts off if it encounters any resistance such as dense grass or a pinecone. Im really happy to have had the years of experience now with hands-on actually using an electric mower to compare it to a gas mower. such as a string trimmer, hedge trimmer, or blower, the same rules apply. Weight may be an issue, but that extra motor oomph is likely to be the culprit of excess battery drain, so I'd figure it's a wash. Is there a good reason to opt for steel vs plastic? By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. The battery is IPx4 rated. Some men just want to watch the world burn. The EGO POWER+ 56-Volt 7.5Ah battery uses industry-leading ARC Lithium technology to deliver Power Beyond Belief and is compatible with all EGO outdoor power equipment. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. I thought it would be a good test anyway to test the durability of the EGO. My lawn equip is (blower and mower) pushing 15yrs and getting tougher and tougher to keep running. A 50cm steel deck, up to 45-minute run time, a brushless motor and a variable-speed, self-propelled system are just a few of the features that make this mower incredible. All EGO tools carry a 5-year limited warranty purchased from authorized EGO retailers. I know that its going to start up quickly and its not terribly difficult to troubleshoot if it doesnt start. Also, Consumer Reports wrote an article about the recall which oddly affects also the Kobalt electric push mower! The EGO POWER+ 56V Charger features an intelligent battery control system that monitors each cells charge and temperature to deliver maximum battery life. This completely goes away with the electric lawn mower. Spraying it out with a hose has been great so far. Im currently staying at home during the quarantine. You can click on any image below to take it full screen for a better resolution.Grass height differences after EGO mower cutEGO LM2002: Heavy cutting before and afterif(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'strandedathome_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_16',340,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-strandedathome_com-medrectangle-4-0');EGO LM2002: Tall grass cut before and after. We do not suggest spraying the underside of the mower with a hose. In comparison to steel, there is also more design flexibility for optimizing airflow. The rapid charger will charge any EGO battery faster than the standard charger but all chargers work interchangeably. Please contact EGO Customer Service Toll-Free at 1-855-EGO-5656 any time you have questions or warranty claims. I would love to see reviews for petiteRead more . To conserve battery run time, disengage self-propel when not needed as the mower is also lightweight and easy to push on flat terrain without it. The EGO POWER+ 20" Self-Propelled Mower delivers the torque of gas. That lets you pack up to 24.0Ah of battery capacity on board and hit higher torque. That said, we haven't had a poly deck fail on us yet. Not only does it fold, but you can easily move it and stand it up once its in the folded position. It also shifts the controls from the operators right side and puts them on the steering wheel. The physics of the design just doesnt work unless the person mowing is tall. december 15, 2020. Its here! Increasing the deck size of the original EGO ZT4204L zero-turn mower, the EGO ZT5207L 52-inch zero-turn keeps everything we love. The EGO POWER+ 56-Volt 5.0Ah battery uses industry-leading ARC Lithium technology to deliver Power Beyond Belief and is compatible with all EGO outdoor power equipment. The EGO LM2002 model has a plastic deck. We prefer the self-propelled model, but if you have a smaller lawn and want to save money. Clints career has covered nearly the entire realm of audio and video production. This number is located on the warning label of each battery. I found out recently that there was actually a recall on our Greenworks mower. Years later, he moved into the expanding area of video editing, where he served as the companys senior AVID video editor for three years. Most purchasers appreciated that the self-propel feature can work without engaging the mowers blades. There are six total battery slots, so you can add more packs if you need longer runtime. It is built with rugged construction to help it withstand outdoor elements. They listed it on their site on 15 July 2021, but it's available for order in multiple places online.https://egopowerplus.com/20-inch-self-p teel-deck/. It not only saves you money but also eliminates one more motor from the list of potential failure points. Manage Settings The Best Plant Stand Rack on Amazon (2022), 3 Best Hydroponic Towers Worth To Buy on Amazon, 3 Best Storage Sheds on Amazon For Your Back Yard, Why Is My Pressure Washer Leaking Gas? You can find out more about that on Greenworks website. Posted: Today 10:04:31 AM EDT. We have the EGO POWER+, 56V, brushless, steel deck self-propelled, and push lawn mower skins and kits. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. The EGO Power+ LM2020SP delivered what consumers would expect from a cordless electric mower: easy to maintain, runs quietly, highly maneuverable and easy to use. Yes, the blade is fully serviceable. Im talking directly out in the open; in the sun, in the rain, storms, tornado warnings, everything! They also recommend to return batteries to an EGO dealer that have been exposed to water for longer than recommended. We had the pleasure of testing the very first EGO LM2001 battery-powered lawn mower way back in 2014. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); document.getElementById( "ak_js_2" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Might be a good product IF company would stand by their warranty. 98. All EGO tools carry a 5-year limited warranty purchased from authorized EGO retailers. I sent over a support request, and they responded with links to their user manuals. Two active battery ports combine the power of two batteries. First remove the safety key and the battery. In 2008, Clint founded Pro Tool Reviews followed by the landscape and outdoor power equipment-focused OPE Reviews in 2017. Electric vs Gas Theres a lot to like about this EGO 52-inch zero-turn. If grass has built up over time, you may find that a curved plastic scraper, such as those used in the kitchen, is useful to help remove dried, built up grass. The battery on the Ego Lawn Mower also charges faster, and lasts longer, which is very useful if you have a large yard. The kit comes with a 6.0Ah battery thats capable of 50 minutes of runtime. amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; Shop EGO POWER+ 56-volt 20-in Self-propelled Cordless Lawn Mower (Tool Only) in the Cordless Electric Push Lawn Mowers department at Lowe's.com. Consider EGOs steel deck mowers if youre the type of guy or gal who wants the roughest build. Really, the only options are a dead battery or a dead motor. Even this many years later, it still sprays out well. 10ah battery is not yet available on its own that I have seen. On the blower it is a no brainer for me. To make a story short, we were renting at the house where it had to stay outside. Do not spray the underside of your EGO Power+ mower with water. This concerns me. Privacy Policy. Use a cloth to clean the upper surfaces and a bristle brush to clean the decks underside. Well I bit the bullet today and replaced my 21 year old HR215SXA Honda for a HRX217HYA. If youre interested in the full review of the Greenworks (25302 model), take a look at that here. This is the EGO lawn mower to get if your grass grows. You happen to be reading the right article because I own both the EGO mower (LM2002 model) and also the Greenworks (25302 model). Check the owners manual for complete instructions. It also placed a significant distance between itself and a number of other commercial gas mowers. EGOs next-generation riding lawn mower takes the 42-inch Z6 concept and exchanges the lap bars for a steering wheel. I want to spend some time talking about how my experience over the last three years with my EGO electric mower has been.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'strandedathome_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_6',649,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-strandedathome_com-medrectangle-3-0'); Moving over to an electric lawn mower wasnt a huge deal to me because I enjoy using new technology and trying out new things; but for you it might be a decision youre still sitting on. Heres Gerrads story about his problem with EGO Lawn Mower needs. Final question: most models are advertised as working with the 5Ah or 7.5Ah battery, but were I to acquire a 10Ah battery that should work with older models, yes? AR15.Com reserves the right to overwrite or replace any affiliate, commercial, or monetizable links, posted by users, with our own. Thanks for tips or insight from experience on this. What great customer support! This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. The EGO POWER+ Rapid Charger features an intelligent battery control system that monitors each cells charge and temperature to deliver the quickest, most efficient charge. Although these are new models they still share many of the conveniences of previous Ego mowers such as push button starting, telescoping and folding handles, and headlights for night time mowing. The batteries tend to heat up quickly when we test cordless lawn mowers. The news gets better, we dont have just one new steel deck mower but we have 2! We're crazy about tools. before the chargers will allow them to be charged. The warranty period for routine maintenance parts, such as, but not limited to, blades, trimmer heads, chain bars, saw chains, belts, scraper bars, blower nozzles, and all other EGO accessories is 90 days for residential purpose, 30 days for industrial, professional or commercial purpose. The final comparison: Greenworks 80V 21-in vs EGO 56V 21". The EGO POWER+ 56V Charger features an intelligent battery control system that monitors each cells charge and temperature to deliver maximum battery life. However, I prefer the lighter Poly deck every time; they're much tougher than you think, being the same thing that bullet-proof vests are made of. My lawn equip is (blower and mower) pushing 15yrs and getting tougher and tougher to keep running. Its here! In the long-term, I always planned to mow without adding grass into a bag, but mulching the clippings directly on the yard. amzn_assoc_title = "Shop Related Products"; with one and then upgrade to a different type later. Choosing the right model for your needs and expectations is key to having the best experience. Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter to receive firearm news, product discounts from your favorite Industry Partners, and more. Sign up to hear about new Commercial Series tools and innovations. The EGO POWER+ 50cm Self-Propelled Mower delivers the torque of petrol. EGOs 21-inch LM2101 push mower kit is one of the best values in the battery-powered lawn mower space, period. I am a bit skeptical about the NeXite deck and want to ask others who have this deck how it is for grass clipping build up. The battery configuration of Ego Lawn Mower sets it apart from other cordless mower options. It also packed a self-propel feature seldom seen in a cordless mower. and our The warranty period for reconditioned or refurbished products used for residential purpose is 1 year, for industrial, professional or commercial purpose is 90 days. It features a stacked blade system that only EGO currently has in the electric walk-behind sector. Be the first to know about new products, innovations, and offers. After 30 days batteries discharge to 30% capacity (to ensure longevity). A 20" steel deck, a 60-minute run time and a brushless motor are just a few of the features that make this mower incredible. After the second or third rain, only a red LED light comes on when putting the battery in. Yes! battery-powered lawn mower, the EGO LM2100SP is a fantastic choice. It squirms up and down, left and right, and is simply unstable and gives wavy, uneven cuts. Check the owners manual for complete instructions. Which battery is compatible with this tool? This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Three moves later, Im extremely impressed with the portability of this mower. EGO Power+ LM2021 20-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Battery Walk Behind Push Lawn Mower with Steel Deck - 5.0 Ah Battery and Charger Included Visit the EGO Power+ Store 1,920 ratings $49900 Delivery & Support Select to learn more Ships from Amazon.com Eligible for Return, Refund or Replacement within 30 days of receipt Customer Support

Telemundo Net Worth, Articles E