On route we passed several pubs which clearly have signs saying Home Fans only. Ashton Gate Stadium is located at Ashton Rd in %venueCityState%. Some seats are as much as 41. At 8.70 a bit pricey I thought. Concerts Sports More Arts & Theater Family Deals Entertainment Guides I ended up in the Sports Bar and Grill underneath the South West corner of the ground. Furthermore, there is a significant smattering of imagery identifying itself with Bristol Sport instead of Bristol City FC. Its one of two trips Ill be making to Ashton Gate this season and it couldnt have been as bad as the last time I went, we lost 6-0. I opted to get there early just to be safe. Comment on getting away from the ground after the game: Lots of Bristol fans left well before the additional 11 minutes of added time, this created mayhem on the roads around, so it was a slow exit through town and back onto the eastbound M4. It was Bank Holiday Monday, our journey from Surrey was not too bad although Bristol was very busy as we entered the city, the ground was not hard to find. This is subject to approval from the Safety Advisory Group (SAG). Bristol Ashton Gate looks a lot more impressive after its refit, and the Bristol City fans are rightly very proud of it. Bristol Bears secured a win on the road against Gloucester-Hartpury and claimed third place in the Allianz Cup. Trains are bound for Weston-Super-Mare and run every hour, coming back the train is bound for Bristol Parkway, again one train per hour. The burgers as above were great however when I queued at half time they were sold out of everything bar cheese and onion pies. Bristol who? Ashton Gate has been updated and looks very neat and modern but without just being a soulless bowl like so many modern stadia. The gentleman said it was a good place to park for easy exit. Arrived at the stadium about 2.15. It looked very dubious from my vantage point 100 metres away! The old charming Ashton Gate has largely been knocked down and this was the first opportunity to view what now replaces it. I recommend this place. Ashton Gate is impressive, the away end decent, and the locals friendly enough. I had to say I was eagerly anticipating this match, as Citys recent form belied their lowly league position, and with our strong form away from home behind our promotion push, it suggested that a good game was possibly on the cards. Ashton Gate Stadium referred by fans as " The Gate ", is a multi-functional football stadium located in the Ashton Gate suburb of Bristol, south-west England. Reset . Even if the football would not be. We went straight in, being rather full from all the food everyone had brought. From the biggest touring acts to the most anticipated sports showdowns across the Bristol region, Vivid Seats is your guide to getting to the live event that you love. It re-opened ahead of the 2016-2017 season and was re-named as the Lansdown Stand. Ticket prices fluctuate with demand. Seating Plans, maps and tickets for all upcoming events at Lusail Iconic Stadium in Lusail. I had never been to Ashton Gate and so was looking forward to visiting this ground in what I knew to be a city passionate about football (having visited Bristol Rovers before). The pork pies and scotch eggs on offer looked good too. Bristol City Stadium Guide Stadium Facts Ashton Gate History Get directions to Ashton Gate from your house by entering your post code or location below: The nearest / closest train station to Bristol City's Ashton Gate Stadium is Bristol Temple Meads mainline station which is well served by trains from London and the South, but also with regular connections from the North and Midlands. Barnsley remain in the relegation places and Bristol City moved up to eighth. Wasnt exactly full of confidence but it promised to be a good day win lose or draw. Didn't notice many of the home fans around because the Away stand was the nearest from where I'd parked. Official Web Site: www.bcfc.co.uk Home to Bristol City F.C, and recently Bristol Rugby club, the 21,497 capacity ground dates back to the start of the 20th century. Atmosphere: The atmosphere was good for a derby game and the atmosphere went up when about 800 Swansea fans arrived late due to the Police holding them back in the city centre. Public Will Call is located at the Breslin Box Office. The name of which now escapes me! We were housed at one side of this stand towards the corner flag as some of the home fans were at the other side of this stand. Comment on the game itself, atmosphere, stewards, pies, toilets etc.. Have been many times but always good to see it this time of year rather than in Winter when it doesnt hold quite the same appeal. Azan Haider is Editor and author at Football Arroyo. A nice change from the modern soulless ring design seen in places like Reading, or Rotherham. The atmosphere was nowhere near as good as it had been the previous season; it seems that a lot of noise gets lost in the air with the ground being so open now. Then right on the stroke of half time a hammer blow as we conceded a soft second goal which realistically finished the game. 8.45 for two pints was rather expensive though. Men's Basketball All gates open 1.5 hours prior to tip off. Our plusbus tickets were value for money. or call the safeguarding team on 07880 140411. A convoluted journey involving coach from Dundee to Glasgow, then to Birmingham overnight, then a National Express coach to Bristol on the Saturday morning. I chatted to a few Reds fans who I knew then made my way inside the ground. When Roberts went off he would have normally been replaced with Adam Jackson, another big defender, but he was out of action himself through an injury so unfortunately we had to settle for someone less experienced. What you thought on seeing the ground, first impressions of away end then other sides of the ground? later we wish we hadn't! Malcolm Delpeche visited the Xledger UK offices to chat about his career in basketball and share his thoughts on life after sport. Even better for Wolves, from the free kick, wing back Barry Douglas equalised, sending the ball into the net via another deflection. 100% Guaranteed. For E-Tickets (downloaded) and M-Tickets (accessed via a mobile phone app) you will receive an email, . But I dont, so just take my word for it! Anyway all's well that ends well. I will certainly go again. Inside the stand the facilities are adequate. If you park near the ground it takes ages getting back to the motorway but if you park at Bedminster Cricket club it's only a 10/15 minute drive to the M5 which there was no traffic and much easier to get out. Here are the cheapest and most expensive ticket options in each category for adults and concessions, presuming that you don't hold a membership card: If youd like to see Bristol City play then your best bet for tickets is the clubs official website. Benefits. The other three parts of the ground are nice but the away end that we were in looked old. 8/10. If you require hotel accommodation in Bristol then first try a hotel booking service provided by Booking.com. Even the Atyeo Stand behind the other goal is a decent sized stand that some other bigger clubs would be happy with. Plus the city centres traffic flow is not one for beginners! purple pink strain; microsoft forms allow receipt of responses after submission; how did april perron die. On my visits both sets of fans mixed pleasantly. There were plenty of pubs on route to the ground which is pretty much hidden away from sight until you reach it. They have endured some success over the years, too. With Rotherham having the worst season to end all seasons, and with one point on the road all season by February, we weren't expecting much. We went into the KFC which was packed full of Bristol City fans and a few Walsall fans who were all mingling together and sharing some good banter. A lot of the Swansea fans got rounded up by the Police and arrived about 20 minutes late at the ground. We at Seat Compare aim to . The terrace is very shallow and there are quite a few pillars to stop you seeing the whole pitch, however I would take this every time over a boring bowl stadium. It is mostly a modern stadium but still very unbalanced looking in certain parts. Why you were looking forward to going to the ground (or not as the case may be): I was looking forward to this trip because firstly I would see some Ipswich supporting friends that I hadn't seen for a while and also I had never been to Bristol before, so I was interested to see for myself what the town was like. Therefore I advise arriving at the ground early enough to pick your seats. Follow that road and you come to a roundabout and another bridge. From then on our heads dropped and City began to play with a bit more freedom and swagger. However there are plans for a world-class Sporting Quarter just 500 metres from the stadium. It has perspex panels built into the front of the roof, to allow more sunlight onto the playing surface. The novel Lansdown Stand set the west side of the stadium shall the biggest of all now plus belongs an strong strich . The away end itself is the least impressive stand. A lot of the Swansea fans got rounded up by the Police and arrived about 20 minutes late at the ground. Entry through the turnstiles was by a bar code reader. Had a few drinks in the away end bar. Ashton Gate Stadium Switch service tension on/off Filter by Seats. Wolves then continued to go into meltdown as City scored a third. With just over two hours to go until kick off, we decided that rather than venture into Bristol centre, wed stick around the ground. Adults 33 (28) Over 65s/Under 25s 30 (25) Under 22s 27 (22) Under 19s 16 (16) Under 12s 10 (10). Overall a good day out aside from the result would go back if the opportunity arises and its not too far. MansionBet Kit For the first time since April 2014, the stadium will have supporters in all four stands - with West Stand lower tier being opened at a limited capacity for home fans. Not to mention guest speakers and player appearances to make the day memorable. This will include a home for the Bristol Flyers basketball team and an urban village. A great day for Blues and one which which will long live in the memory. Other than the aforementioned parking incident, it was a terrific day out for all Bees fans. Stewards where fine with us. We'd eaten in a Wetherspoons earlier so I have no comment on the fayre on offer at the ground. On entering the stadium I thought the concourse was rather small but I was then advised by one of the stewards to go up to the next level which had a much bigger concourse. * Home fans can gain a further discount of 5 on these ticket prices if they become club members. The stewards were friendly and helpful. Stewards were fine, leg room was a tad cosy. Our tickets were checked by stewards, but we weren't patted down. It changed the nature of the game dramatically. They were happy for the away fans to stand throughout and greeted everyone enthusiastically when doing security searches and serving food/drinks. It has also been used as the location for a number of music concerts from artists like The Who, The Rolling Stone, Brian Adams, Bon Jovi and Elton John. We got to Bedminster Cricket Club around 12:15pm and went into their social club where you could have a drink and something to eat, they also had Sky Sports on too. Cidered Fanzine 1. Ashton Gate is fairly central in Bristol, and its another 15 to 20-minute drive once you leave the M5. Ashton Gate Stadium has undergone some major transformation recently with the building of two new stands and the refurbishment of a third. flat Family Enclosure in front of it, which was later built up and converted to seating. Off. We got to the ground for around 13:50, brought the match programme outside the ground for 3 which was your usual football league read, and headed into the ground. In terms of the stadiumAshton Gate is a nice solid Championship ground. BS3 2LQ, Email: supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk. Tickets you can trust: 100 million sold,100% Buyer Guarantee. On this occasion along with my partner we chose to set off from South London bright eyed and bushy tailed early in the morning for I had an eye on checking out the historic SS Great Britain before the match. We parked near the SS Great Britain and enjoyed a mind-blowing few hours wallowing in the museum piece that far exceeded my expectations, and if truth be told, we had to tear ourselves away to make sure we got to the football ground in reasonable time for the match. Plans are underway to introduce rail/barrier seating in sections of the South Stand at Ashton Gate Stadium from the 2020/21 season. Worth a trip on its own. Having not been until last year, I cant comment on the old stadium, but the new one is certainly very impressive. Of course there have been numerous developments of the ground since it was built in 1897, though none of them were as comprehensive as the one that has been going on since the start of 2015. During that time he was to make 645 appearances for Bristol City scoring 351 goals, making him the Clubs all time leading scorer and most appeared player. Two stands have been completely rebuilt whilst the Dolman Stand has were renovated. I was also excited as Wolves had sold out their full allocation of 2,500 tickets and we were on a five game winning streak! RT @tommyconway__: Thank you for all the support at Ashton Gate this season @BristolCity https://t.co/1O0295U2sV, Bristol City . 1 The Square, Bristol, BS1 6DG (0117 930 8710). This new South Stand is a good sized single tiered stand, having a capacity of just over 6,000 seats. Check out the view from your seat using our interactive seat viewer from all three stadiums. I arranged to meet friends at Bristol Station and there were no problems. Then a local bus No.24 towards Ashton Gate Stadium . Getting away from the ground was easy enough. I had a coffee by the station all Bristol fans I met were friendly and helpful; Bear in mind I have an Irish accent and was not wearing colours but I think most other Birmingham fans had a plea sent experience. Ashton Gate Stadium That was with two stops on the way, one for 30 minutes and one for 15 minutes. We made the journey down the M5 from Leamington Spa and it was very straightforward (it took around 1hr 40mins). We took a taxi, very slowly through the heavy traffic, to the ground. but it was overlooking theharbourand was the last pub before crossing the river to get to the ground. I'm not sure on their policy of allowing away fans in, but I slipped in past the bouncers unnoticed. Gold prices are shown below with Silver tickets in brackets: Dolman Stand (Centre): Great goal scored by Gayle for us to win 1-0. Ashton Gate Seating Plan. Alternatively you can contact Supporter Services on tel: 0117 963 0600.Season tickets will be on sale from 10am on Wednesday March 25th until Thursday, April 30th with five priority periods. With details of Season Cards renewals to be published imminently and, as a result of our proposed plans for rail seating, we would kindly ask you to select specific seats when purchasing your Season Card to ensure you can be with friends and family. Click here to report a Safeguarding Concern. It took 45 minutes. Travelling from my home in Rugby, it was down the A46 to Tewkesbury, then the M5 to Bristol. Costing around 70,000 it was largely funded by the Bristol City Supporters Trust. We arrived at 11.30am, having had a picnic brunch on the train. SeatGeek Is The Safe Choice For PNC Park Tickets On The Web. The game was a near sell out Bristol fans by and large were most sporting and stood and clapped in memory of a Blues fan who passed away at St Andrews at the last home game. The ground is pleasant and traditional but looks a bit lopsided with the huge stand to our right. Great day worth getting up at 3.45am and getting back at 12 midnight. Our keeper making only one save and Thomas missing an easy chance. Just after the red card, Hal Robson-Kanu got his second and our third. to find the full list of Ashton Gate Stadium concerts that have already been announced, across all genres, such as Rock, Pop, Country, Rap and K-pop. Two-nil down after half an hour, we pulled one back but then immediately conceded again. The highlight was the funniest chant I've ever heard, from the Blues fans: "Oh they all talk foonay over there" I was expecting more than two goals this time, given Huddersfield's current form, and was proved right! Having read this Football Ground Guide website (cheers Duncan! A lovely mix of old and new stadium architecture. Take the rough with the smooth and get on with it. Just input the dates below that you wish to stay and then select from the map the hotel of interest to get more information. Ashton Gate - Pitch Seating Map | Gigtix Gigtix is a safe ticket reseller for live music concerts and tours, comedy shows and sporting events across the UK. This was a long old walk (nearly an hour) but was preferable to queuing for a bus or train. The station itself is on the edge of the town centre so it is easy to get into the City. We were met by an elderly gentleman wearing a hi-viz Jacket and collecting 10 from the motorists. Opposite us, City have created an ultras area where the home fans make plenty of noise so, with 3.500 Wolves fans also in attendance, there was an excellent atmosphere. UUUURRRRRZZZZZ! Sat Nav took me straight there, and it was filling up nicely when we arrived, so if you are going to use this car park, then arriving early is a good piece of advice, especially as they operate on a first come, first served basis. 3. The game kicked off and as Id predicted, was a very tight affair with no quarter given and chances going begging at either end. Just hope the allocation of tickets to away fans increases and more programmes are made available in the future. The ground itself is functional enough, with one modern stand and a few more fairly old ones (not too dissimilar from our own County Ground, on a larger scale). Ate and drank enough earlier. Bristol Flyers advanced to the BBL Playoff Semi-Finals following an 82-81 victory at SGS College Arena. At least we improved in the second half, with a goal at each end. With us being down to 10 men, I think the supporters really stepped up and dragged the team through. To inspire our community through rugby success. Iconic West Country favourites The Wurzels will provide the post-match entertainment following our Summer Session fixture against Gloucester Rugby at Ashton Gate on Saturday, May 6th (4pm KO). Nice and easy. The only drawbacks were the disabled ramp was a little steep and view of the other end of the pitch was hampered by the safety rail. A turning point in Villas season one would think. I was lead to believe that the atmosphere within the away end would be worth the trip. The stewards were very helpful in showing us to the wheelchair spaces close to the corner flag in the Wedlock Stand. Bristol Flyers have announced ticket information for their home leg of the BBL playoff semi-final. About 500 Preston fans though bounced and sang their way throughout. The atmosphere at the previous fixture in the old Wedlock stand was superb from both sets of fans.Facilities were basic in the Atyeo Stand where the away fans are housed, but the toilets have improved from using a wall and little else in the previous away end. We did come across a few locals who seemed friendly enough; in fact it seemed like most people we spoke to wanted us to give City a beating! The stand is also located quite close to the pitch and with good stand acoustics, a good atmosphere can be created. The players were not at it from the outset and Bristol City comfortably beat us 3-1. The stand has quite a high roof with a strip of perspex running across the top of the upper tier just below, to allow more light to get to the pitch. 888.500.7060. Rugby Premiership, 18th October 2019, 2019-2020: 21,810 (Championship League) The stewards were friendly throughout and seemed keen not to ruin anyone's day out. We then went into half time level at 2-2, which then lead to a Bristol City second half onslaught and them eventually winning the game 8-2. SAFEGUARDING - For any concerns around safeguarding, please Click here to report a Safeguarding Concernor call the safeguarding team on 07880 140411. I had a KFC which is situated on a retail park more or less right next to the ground. We look forward to sharing it with you! The stewards were also friendly and helpful throughout the whole match. I was staying in Weston Super Mare and caught the train into Bristol Temple Meads I arrived in plenty of time and had a coffee before waiting with a mixture of other fans at the bus stop near the station for a bus that never arrived. New under-12 category with FREE replica shirt, Special dual football and rugby season ticket launched, Under-22 rate aimed to offer young adults 5 per game deal. If anything changes in the future then we'll update this section of the site. It is a two-tiered all seated stand that has a large upper tier and a smaller lower tier. I had decided, a few weeks ago, to stay overnight at a Travelodge and chose the one at Nuneaton/Bedworth, which was about 115 miles and a two hour journey from Bristol. Travel: I took a train to Bristol Temple Meads and then embarked on the long walk to the ground. The redevelopment of Ashton Gate was finished in 2016. There was a steward on hand all through the game and the disabled toilet was close to where we were seated. Normally with this game in the past, it has been a bubble trip* with Swansea City. Which took 45 minutes, where we alighted to take on some ale. Bristol City huffed and puffed a lot but created little. A lot of our fans went to Bristol that day hoping for a bit of revenge for them beating us at Wembley and also enjoying the last game of the season by dressing up in fancy dress, which a lot of our fans did. Location Map. It has a large lower tier, with a smaller one above, whilst in-between the tiers there isa row of corporate boxes stretching across its middle. One of the added charms of the old Wedlock Stand is that it is shared with quite vociferous home support, and as the two sets of supporters try to out-sing each other, the low roof of the Wedlock Stand could make even a small bunch sound like a roman army in full clamour. Site: www.bcfc.co.uk Thirst suitably quenched it was time to take the ten minute back up to Temple Meads and the five minute train journey to Parsons Street, then on to the ground. When the fixture list came out, then a trip to Ashton Gate was one of the first that I looked out for, as it's only down the M4. 26,399 Bristol Bears v Bath 100 year later, the All Blacks faced Tonga in a Rugby World Cup group match. View our interactive Ashton Gate Stadium seating chart to find the best tickets with a view that's perfect for you. A crusty cob with mature cheddar and red onion. I don't like making excuses, but it's like taking a cog out of a wheel. Did not eat or drink. The view was good. The game seemed to be heading for a hard-fought point each, but then in the 94th minute, Wolves won it. I found my way onto North Street, and began to head down towards the stadium. It's definitely worth a visit, and one that I'd recommend if your team is playing there. A slightly unjust result (a 1-1 draw), but a great day out. Browse Ashton Gate Stadium tickets and earn Reward Credit when you buy thanks to Vivid Seats Rewards. Summary of overall thoughts of the day out. The second came against the Romanian under-21s on 21 August 2007. Directions: M5 Junction 18A to Portway (A4), to Taunton (A38), to Winterstoke Road. Several of us, both Bees and City fans were about to join forces and manhandle cars out of the way. The first was against Italy on February 12, 1997, with Darren Eadie scoring the winner in a 1-0 win in front of 13,850 spectators. Posted: Friday, April 28th 2023 Basketball. Good views and acoustics for away fans in the John Atyeo Stand. 100 Level. The easiest way to purchase your season ticket is online at: SAFEGUARDING - For any concerns around safeguarding, please. So we waited it out in a pub full of Villa fans. We anticipate these changes to be very popular with supporters who are looking to renew in these blocks, so we would advise selecting your seats as soon as possible.. What more can you ask? Not just another ninety minutes of football. Ashton Gate could be now the BRISTOL or Bristol Sport stadium. All went well apart from a points failure at Didcot so the arrival was 30 minutes later than scheduled. Police with horses and vans had to intervene was punches and bottles were thrown at Newcastle fans in the same road as the recommended Tobacco Factory and the advised to avoid the Hen and Chicken pub. Considering it was a scorching day, I would have rather this had been outside, but as I was so desperate for the loo, it meant going into the concourse first. Ashton Gate Stadium, Bristol's premier conference and events venue, features a wide range of function rooms available for both corporate and The Venue Time Lapse Camera View The Webcam Watch as Ashton Gate was rebuilt into a 27,000 capacity state-of-the-art stadium. We had a trouble free journey along the M4, and then dived down the M32 where I tried without success to pinpoint the former location of Eastville, one time home to Citys rivals Bristol Rovers.

Grapeland Tx Obituaries, Kotor Class Guide, Theory Of Reasoned Action Strengths And Weaknesses, Joe Polito Model, Articles A