Gary has performed in three Shriners concerts as a guest artist. Donny E. kept saying over the phone that it was alright, it was safe the fires were only in one part of the large city, it wouldnt affect us (true perhaps, even though as we found out later the studio was on the edge of the ghetto). In Stathams words: The Gardens had a long history in Moose Jaw with many prominent bands playing there. We called ourselves Hedge Graphics. 1 Mama version 2 (B. Deutscher) Id never lost money. He ended up burying the knuckles of one hand into the plaster wall of the kitchenWe got him down to the rumpus roomHe fell into challenging anyone so he could demonstrate what he could do (presumably without harm). Personnel: Don Gutheil, Don Young, Bob Deutscher, Daryl Gutheil I will combine shipping when possible. The Chevrons, although sporting respectably short hair and matching suits and ties, were noticeably raunchier than most of their fellow musicians. At Lucianos Bar in Lodi, N.J. they traded sets with the Ink Spots, and at the Inferno in Buffalo, N.Y. they backed up Bobby Hebb. As Gutheil describes: My dad had worked with the guy who owned the hall there, Paul Perry, in the 1940s and 50s. Regina's second multi-story office block after the venerable and now-demolished McCallum & Hill Building was the Motherwell Building at the corner of Victoria Avenue and Rose Street. They were only 16 year olds, but the nights they played were jam packed-good old commerce/business. Both replied Ray Statham and, yes, he was good. The Fourth Dimension leaned on imported talent: it started January with The Mitchells (Chuck & Joni), then several weeks with the Gnu Foke, followed by Torontonian Michael Sherman, and topped off with Marti Shannon a Saskatonain fresh off the Lets Swing Out television program. Through the Eyes of Tomorrow was a CBC program supposedly viewing the world through the eyes of teens. They were all great guys. A kid with a straight A average, I once asked him what he thought he wanted to do in life? Nelsons was a beautiful acoustic recording, but way too simple in content. They headlined a four-band concert the first rock concert at Reginas newly-opened Centre of the Arts in early September 1970. At age 12, I joined the RLJB concert/marching in both performance and competition. Todays Fool was designated the A side and rightly so. Bands back then played four-hour gigs, four sets with 45 minutes on, 15 minute break. Don Gutheil left a strong impression on him: I thought he was really good. The sax and organ give us that. The Confederation are unanimous in forecasting that within the next year, bands will begin turning to the big band sound style of music and theyre taking a gamble on it happening by being one of the first to use it. A natural. Adding to the Rats popularity is the great music they have on weekends. Lots after a particularly emotional time, and probably more internally generated than external At first, it may have been motivated by a desire to make it, but that passed. We were anonymous. That was it Gerry had to go. on 13th Avenue. But back then, I was energetic and searching. Our hotel room was large and had a turntable with the furniture; they came up to hear the record (Chess had provided us with an acetate copy) as we had finished the mixing on the second day They crashed overnight we were all gentlemen.In the morning taking them back to theircar, they showed us the then famous corner brick building where the guy had kidnapped the seven student nurses in their apartment and over a few days murdered them all. The Chevrons then tried to break into the Montreal music scene. Unable to find Gerry, Gary, Don, Ken and Daryl attended and won the audition minus their lead guitarist. We made it up to Vancouver after some NW US dates and Shelly took us to record a demo in a small studio owned by Tom Northcott.. I encourage you to write more about Regina. He remembers: I had heard so much about them, but actually hadnt heard them. In the Autumn of 1969, the Andantes had a small promotional pamphlet printed up to advertise their new lineup. He was known for being a fast double-talker, and so it was difficult to know him intimately. Remembers Don Young, now president emeritus of the Regina Musicians Association Vargo had the hottest band in the province. We werent even aware at the time that Mick was beginning to develop into a very good songwriter. 2 1974-1981, Dodem by Zoon | New Album, Bekka Maiingan, Matt Costa To Release Katabatic Flight Film Featuring Self-Produced and Written Score. Besides singing, Bob plays harmonica. While there was no doubt they were still at the top of the heap, a number of up and coming musicians and re-arrangements of the mid-60s musicians gave rise to such deeper conciousness ensembles as Blue State of Mind, Shatter Ring, the Taliesyn, the Transmigrated Soul, Joy Street, The Unwritten Document, and Graingers new band The Sound of One Hand Clapping, as well as several directly drug-related bands The Hypnotic Spell, Blackwood Hash, Toke Revival and The Frenetic Illusion. Lewis was known in our world on the radio for playing piano instrumentals or catchy tunes in party background sounds [such as The In Crowd]. The first two sort-of rock and roll bands (they also played rockabilly and polkas) in Regina both started in 1957. Fusion they did it all: rock, funk, jazz, blues, latin. This was Confederation, a then five-piece ensemble led by Herb Paddy Padwick. Producer: Dave Purple Deutschers first rock vocal was Kansas City. Chess was one of North Americas most respected studios, owned and operated by brothers Leonard and Phil Chess. They realized they wanted to keep the Andantes going, which meant recruiting a new drummer. Montague: We were going to be recording in Chicago and needed something to do it with. Funny thing, it never occurred to us to do a known cover tune, like today; maybe because there was a world of great songs, melodies, arrangements coming out one after the other? The Rapper (D. Iris) The band recorded two tunes Hello Stranger written by Mick Grainger, and one other that no one seems to remember. The band quickly established itself as one of the better groups in the city and province. When we were packing up the equipment, we noticed Loreen Church standing a little out front until she got our attention. Donnie went frontman and we then got Dinni Wilkie on bass and backup vocals, an original member of the longtime Regina band, The Impalas, after the Chev car, who were recently defunct. As for most Regina musicians of the 1960s, their first glimpse of musical possibilities came courtesy of the RLJB. Not only did this put the recording session in limbo, the band worried that they would be seen as immature and irresponsible by their friends and families. He was amazinghe could do things that I just couldnt get., Statham was approached to join The Andantes at a Battle of the Bands concert at the Trianon Ballroom in September 1968. Date Location Venue; February 14, 1975: Waterloo, Ontario: Wilfrid Laurier University Theatre Auditorium: February 15, 1975: Owen Sound, Ontario: Unknown Venue Andante played in several rock festivals that summer including the QuAppelle Rock Festival on June 21 (where the only known footage of the band a Super 8 mm. DE said that he had heard that Todays Fool made it into the Top Ten in some city in New York state; how that would have happened, who knows? There were only eight channels, as I recall. They were singing like choirboys so effortless! As well, during their elementary school years at Pius X, the Gutheils became members of a boys vocal group known as the Melody Lads. One can never know for sure, but if a major record label had issued and supported this tune, it should have been a major hit. Ive Got A Secret (D. Gutheil/D. However the first stars in Saskatchewan rock were Joe Vargo and the Dynamics. at the 1st Annual Big Band Battle Blast held in the YMCA gym. Composed of fellow students from Balfour Technical Collegiate Bill Hershe, Brian Szysky, Marty Daborn, Bill Rothecker, and Max Yuditsky, they called themselves the Ro-dans. In the spring of 1968 we were making plans to record a single. Although the group is able to obtain work in various Regina nightspots, they are not able to play the kind of music that they would like to. The other was Wally Read and the Goldtones, a seven-piece group consisting of Wally Read, Merv Lowey, Gord Ruschiensky, Wally Gurka, Gord Magel, Jim Lowey, and Dave Yuen. The son of a banjo, violin, piano, guitar and harmonica player and sister of a CKCK radio singer, his first public performance was singing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer on CKCK at the age of five. He knew they were talented, but that there was a distinct difference in attitude and presentation between himself and the rest of the band. He was not outwardly nervous at all while we were setting up he would be a just kind of still cool under pressure guy, from what I remember. So it came as a surprise to almost everyone involved when this edition of The Andantes fizzled out in April of 1969. I dont know where we found a cigarette in DEs car because none of us smoked, but we held Donnies legs as he leaned out of the front passenger side window, over the lanes at 60 mph with it in his fingers beside his face. Backed by a Regina rock-n-roll band, the Chevrons, he sang four of his biggest hits, Little Things, See the Funny Little Clown, Voodoo Woman, and Its Too Late. This was a short-lived band although they garnered a certain amount of fame by appearing a number of times on the legendary local television program Teen Tempo. They band circled throughout the Midwest for the next month and a half hitting Minnesota, Kansas, Wisconsin (Madison, Racine, and LaCrosse) and Ohio (Milwaukee). Formed in New York in late 1967, their claims to fame were that they had clown-like stage names (Smoothie, Goodfellow, Wry One, Thump Thump, etc. She rolled down her drivers side window, and of course: Do you have a light?. One agent came out to hear us in Regina and there we struck up a friendship with Shelly Seigel who would later found Mushroom Records. Lady though a fine song in its own right was relegated to the B-side. I demanded he slow down. If it isnt one the teeney-boppers like, then survival in the dog-eat-dog world of wax can be a treacherous experiencetake The Confederation for instance. The Rats, now famous all over the Northwest started out as a malt shop, which it still is, if you count malt beverages. she was an affable, petite, quiet girl with a remarkably unique voice and stylings brilliantbut we felt we could cut each musician man for man in the Holding Company. Ill be 16 pretty soon, though. Ken Leonard, 17 years old and a student at Sheldon, is the fourth member and rounding out The Andantes is Gerry Schlegel, at 19 the oldest member of a young quintet. You know I want you so bad, youre not there. Another ground-breaking and popular teen show, it was hosted by disc jockey Spence Bozak and featured dancing go-go girls in cages. We saw Jose the following day and he gave us tickets to his next show, which we attended and met him again backstage exciting stuff for young Regina guys. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. By the late 1950s and 1960s, the type of music offered was changing. The next day was spent mixing in the studio. and we have a big sound. He said. But it could have been by a panelcant remember. Daryl Gutheil thus was finally brought into the lineup doubling on trumpet and rhythm guitar. . It was built in 1930 by J.P. Simpson as The Trianon. The Andantes participated in Reginas first Battle of the Bands in January 1965. Get the Queen City Kids Setlist of the concert at Trianon Ballroom, Regina, SK, Canada on October 2, 1975 and other Queen City Kids Setlists for free on setlist.fm! Have Required fields are marked *. She had a leg-up: she was well-known (with her own fan club), and was already a recording artist. So good looking and so nice. At age 19 he went to New York City to study theology. He felt that the second record would probably be better, because of the experience they have gained through making the last one. One of these unknowns was Bob Dylan, with whom Popovichi played guitar. We prided ourselves on doing pretty good harmonies, but when we finally did see the Andantes, they were doing four-part harmonies, and it was real obvious why all the fuss. Montague remembers: We had stepped out of the studio either taking a break, lunch or whatever, eventually wandering into Old Town. Top groups from across Canada will appear and many local groups will be spotlighted, such as Reginas favorite The Andantes.. As it happened, Ron was currently holding a battle of local bands over a number of days. I Need A Rest From The Music (M. Grainger) Your email address will not be published. People were amazed at how we switched off in the middle of a song one guy would sing one part and when it got out of his range, another would just take over sort of like a three-ring circus! "On October 2, 1975, Rush played with the Queen City Kids at the Trianon Ballroom in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada for the Caress Of Steel tour." He was ecstatic I admired the band so much, although to fill the shoes of Jimmy Mann was a formidable task. For several months Deutscher took lessons from Johnny Klimczak (a rockabilly singer of Johnny and the Chordnotes fame) and immediately formed his own band at the age of fourteen. On December 23rd they showcased at one of that citys hottest nightclubs The Friars Den in Glamorgan Shopping Centre on 37th Street. The engineer said that he played road bass for the Buckinghams of Chicago, one of our favourite groups. That was Studio 3, actually owned by Ralph Harding and operated by Tom Northcott. Windows were smashed, stores looted, and buildings set afire. Engineer: Wayne Allen Grundy/S. I remember the quote: Ill send my boys over. To which Edwards immediately went ballistic, called him out, and slammed down the receiver! Gary Montague was a solid drummer who knew just when to add fills. Wednesday night at Exhibition Auditorium, the Fudge gave a concert before about 775 persons, mostly high school and university students. He recalls: I was at a dance at the U. of R. when the Andantes to my surprise played one of my songs called Happy Love Day. I loved that song (still do) and to hear those guys doing it with an absolutely killer arrangement and performance was totally overwhelming. Most of the band were placated by Edwards assurances. Gene Dlouhy and the Swinging Canadians band photo possibly at Waterton National Park, Alberta. A much more famous ensemble by that name already existed. The 1967 season opened in mid-May. Regina hipsters were in heaven. Yet, he fitted in like a charm. The Andantes schedule in January and February of 1969 was relatively busy. We were making a little money, but it didnt really matter that much. visit or contact the Regina office. For a city of 126,000 in 1965, Regina had a small if energetic music scene, particularly in the field of jazz. Opened 1922, closed 1958. It was the first concert of any kind I had ever seen. He seemed to have a lot of material, but Todays Fool was the one that caught our ears. (They played a larger gig there several months later Queen of the Shrine Bowl dance with The Downbeats). The music became harder edged, and at the same time more complicated and more original. If that was today, the Andantes would be very famous. Trianon Ballroom - Regina. Recalls Deutscher Chan was gifted with one of the finest voices in rock & roll and rhythm & blues it was a pleasure to play in a band with him. This was to bring together leftist and anti-establishment thinkers (both the serious and the crazy) from around the U.S. to discuss the state of the nation a kind of shadow convention. 1. radio demo (no distribution) Firstly the two-trumpet approach placed them outside mainstream rock n roll. It got pretty noisy a while ago when they pumped 100 kegs dry in a week. On stage they attacked their numbers with a professional air. And I made $4 for that gig!. The first recording session with the new lineup took place in the summer of 1969 at the CKCK Studio in Regina. This internationally iconic California band with Joplin singing her hits, to us was a bit of a disappointment. Seattle, Washington, U.S. Card is partially filled in with partners' names. The religious aspect of the organization was downplayed, but was evident in the pledge. According to reporter Bob Hughes: Membership in the Hi-YU requires extra work, obviously and taking a pledge, A member must pledge to create, maintain and extend, throughout the home, school and community, high standards of Christian character, and to stand together on the platform of clean speech, clean sports, clean scholarship and clean living.. Recalls Montague: We opened with Donnie on trumpet, fingering the bass guitar notes in his left hand, Kenny on trumpet in the middle, and Daryl on trumpet playing keyboards on his left hand: the fanfare to the Beatles Love, Love, Love [All You Need Is Love] then slipping into all the harmonies thereof, with Donnie singing lead.. But apparently somebody already had the name. The Kidnapped Johnny Onn (actually a spoof on the song Big Bad John) was recorded in Earl Browns Calart Studio, along with two other tunes penned by Deutscher, Keep It Down and the instrumental Rush Hour. The session was produced by Northcott himself. I could get pretty bored with playing, but putting tunes together was always a buzz for me! Because I want you back Hello Stranger (M. Grainger) I dont care what you Had that happened today there would have been a half a dozen cop cars show up, we would have been taken away in shackles, detained in the brig maybe missing the whole gig and recording session. Certain groups kept coming back to entertain Reginans: the Buddy Knox Group, Gene Dlouhy (from Esterhazy, SK. Gutheil/K. Upon leaving high school, Statham started working as a staff photographer for the Moose Jaw Times Herald. could report that Saturday night in Regina usually means a trip to the Trianon for the hipsters who dance to the Radio 13 Impalas group sponsored by CJME. 1966 saw a massive increase in second wave pop group bookings. He sang well and was very upfront and friendly. He took out two sheets of paper with the lyrics written on them. They were also used as substitute Supremes throughout 1968 and 1969 when Diana Ross, Mary Wilson and Cindy Birdsong were experiencing tense relations. I remember the rent was $15 a night; we just hung out in Spokane and partied for the rest of the week. Now with the addition of Deutscher, they found the musical juices were still flowing. In late September 1968 the axe came down: Finally and unfortunately, I had to fire Gerry. Vancouvers Thin Red Line played there often. Vaughn, I found out, had been with the Regina Lions Junior Bands system for two years. Another fun spot was at Katepwa Beach. A couple of doors down was a stylish boutique full of expensive hippy clothing and jewelry. Rod McDonald recalls the club and its owner: To me it was a hippie/beatnik/artist/musician/coffee shop with a few political people thrown in and a draft dodger now and again. Advertising that patrons would "trip the light fantastic," the legendary Trianon Ballroom, designed by architect Warren H. Milner, opened its doors on May 20 th, 1927, at Third Avenue and Wall Street. One of the venerable cultural institutions in the history of Regina was the Trianon Ballroom at 1850 Smith Street. So we introduced ourselves by letting them have it; I think we were enthusiastically received and adopted as the hometown band for the summer. They were a self-proclaimed umbrella group for anyone opposed to the Vietnam War, and regularly engaged in civil disobedience. On his own, Grainger started a prolific writing period, originally influenced by the British Invasion bands notably the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Procol Harum and the Zombies. Daryl Gutheil memories are slightly different: From 1965 to 1969 The Andantes played fairly regularly at Temple Gardens, the traditional ballroom/dance hall in Moose Jaw. I am curious of this date of the 4-D because my memory is earlier. Young immediately found a job drumming with singer/comedian Nestor Pistor (a.k.a. My dad was in the band and Ive been trying to track down some of their material for years. Under the direction of Sister Mary Bertrand, the group performed songs like The Happy Wanderer and If I Had a Hammer. They even issued an LP as The Melody Lad Graduates in 1966, recorded in Earl Browns studio and released on his Soundaround label. Theyve recorded one record to date which they hope will be released soon; have another planned for later on; and are also formulating plans for a long play album in the fall. And as an unintentional afterthought he administered the kiss of death: If anything parents will go for them in a big way. Personnel: Don Gutheil, Don Young, Bob Deutscher, Daryl Gutheil From 1932 on, it was run by the Sneath family, first Isaac and then his son Ross. Remembers Young we did lots of driving during this period a U-Haul and Ford Ranch Wagon. On one of their cross-country drives, the band dropped into Billings to visit Chan Romero. He then went back to the mic trying to mimic what I was doing (which he knew he couldnt of course) and made a show of ineptly dropping it along with goofy faces lampooning himself. Dinni and I were more into the raw, bluesy stuff but it was always a good compromise.. Consisting of high school pals Statham, Tom Chow on bass, Henry Kelly on drums, and Willie Connell on vocals and trumpet, they played serious teenage blues. Rush at Trianon Ballroom on Regina, Canada on tour Caress of Steel . No Producer Jonah Give Your Mind Up (M. Grainger) It was a win-win situation for both the songwriter and the band. Judy Blair, writer of the column On the Teen Scene in the Springfield Leader mentioned them in her August 27 issue: Friday night, August 23rd, The Andantes entertained in the Lac du Bonnet Memorial Hall. (Any full band adaption usually came from others with a better feel for how that might work.) The influences changed he now started to be inspired by Bob Dylan, Gordon Lightfoot, Bruce Cockburn, Joni Mitchell and James Taylor. They explored the world of western twang and polkas for small rural town dances around southern Saskatchewan. It was an exceptionally difficult decision to make. It made me feel pretty good. No Producer He did not go lightly I might say. Personnel: Don Gutheil, Don Young, Bob Deutscher, Daryl Gutheil Recalls Montague: I do remember a TV appearance in Yorkton, Sask. Gene & Reg Dlouhy and the Canadians ad 1971. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Deutschers musical career can truly be said to have started in 1962. Vancouver Jazz Quartet is one. Thus he started demo-ing his own compositions outside the band in 1968. Conradi gives some of the credit to Canadians: We loved the Canadians and the four day holidays that sent them packing to Coeur dAlene. Even though they did all cover versions (such as Rick Nelson, Beatles, and later r n b and soul) they gave electric performances. While packing up, Kenny inadvertently placed his case on a side table to put in his horn and what popped up on the raised inside, read: Regina Lions Junior Bands. They promoted an anti-establishment lifestyle, an alternative or counter culture which wanted fewer government institutions and more populist food co-ops, underground newspapers and free clinics. A mini-gangster in Regina! His first introduction to the Devils music came from three of the American bands passing through Moose Jaw and performing at Temple Gardens. They added to our success and were wonderful advertisement via word of mouth. I believe we were fourth just around the corner, and next to us were Joe Vargo and the Dynamics. My father answered; it was my business. He asked if I wanted him to show me something? Very early on the respective talents of the groups founders became evident. The Chevrons were running out of steam by the Autumn of 1967 and, just in the nick of time, Deutscher received an offer to join the Dynamics his boyhood heroes when guitarist Jimmy Mann decided to bow out and manage the band Confederation. They issued three of their own singles in 1963 and 1964. Attached to the ceiling and facing the stage will be the precious strobe lights. Leonard), 2. limited edition 45 rpm The standout Yardbirds 45s A Certain Girl and I Wish You Would were the highlights of their early sets, and a live tape exists of the band covering the John Mayall-penned Telephone Blues in June 1966. Before we left Regina, some of the guys said we need to get some keyboards happening anybody play keyboard? I said Well, we have a piano at home, but I dont really know how to play. They said, Do you want to try it? Sure, but I cant take it with us. Well, well rent this little organ from Arcade Music for the summer and see if you can learn it. So I said, Okay, Im willing to give it a try. I knew music, I knew chords on the guitar it was just a matter of translating the notes. Its For You (J. Lennon-P. McCartney) And it was just a drawing! I believe it was something like a week, as in one band each night at the same location, and peoples votes decided the winner at the end. I dont know if people actually got my Beardsley nod. Were expecting a young crowd nurses, university types, business people and of course, teen-agers too said Dewayne. In Regina they played the DeMolay Dance at the Shrine Temple, the Kappa Teen Club dance at St. Annes Catholic Church, Wesley United Church, The Curlodrome (The Sights and Sounds of Regina),and the Saskatchewan Roughriders Cheerleaders Dance at the University of Saskatchewan Regina Campus. Romero soon dropped out (he found Jesus or vice-versa and to this day is still preaching in Billings, Montana) and Ken Folk stepped out in front as lead vocalist. His orientation slowly shifted towards the blues, and he became infatuated firstly with B.B. The next month saw a visit from the Turtles, and then in November the Vanilla Fudge. I think it was Donnie who came up Rick Shillingford our first guitar player, who fit in right away and sang harmonies. The group has recorded in Chicago and has played on several shows with other groups including Vanilla Fudge.. Perry had set up a relationship with Edmontons Rayal Talent Agency to supply rock bands, and the first month and a half saw appearances by Us Incorporated, Willie & The Walkers, Tangerine Soul, Skeleton Key, and Sons of Adam. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. The recording session on August 16th passed quickly no more than four hours, even though there were numerous overdubs. Don Edwards was actually from Kankakee, Illinois, just outside of Chicago. He knew they were going to be huge, before they hit North American radio stations. Total investment in Grapevine Terpsichore may reach $40,000 exclusive of food facilities. Hey Joan (B. Deutscher), Copyright Brock Silversides & psychedelicbabymag.com, Well done Lots of research and interviews Those were the Halcyon Days of music and I was fortunate to be a part of it " Once an Andante always an Andante" Don Young. And great research. Denver was just starting his climb to fame he had released one LP Rhymes and Reasons, and one of his tunes Leaving on a Jet Plane had been covered by Peter, Paul and Mary. One of them was a part- time model. This small dance hall was only supposed to hold 200 people, but Daryl Gutheil remembers packing in 400 high school students on most nights. We finally decided to call Donny our music director because thats what he was, and boy was he good at it! They are a group of five teenagers four of them are high school students and the fifth worksGary Montague, an 18-year old Sheldon Williams Collegiate student is the mastermind behind the group. Metro Pavlik of Yorkton), while the other three temporarily drifted, jamming with friends and exploring different types of music. for reasons of any possible copyright dispute, and for basic honesty. It was built in 1929, and was named after a palace built by Louis IV of France. Although it only lasted a couple of months, it did lay the groundwork for a solid friendship between him and the Gutheils. Then we drove him back. A troubled relationship with Schlegel had been percolating for some time. With gig dates from both companies they cobbled together a winter tour chiefly on the college circuit. We were rested and anticipating each night, often after which there was a party gathering in our residence, the detached cabin beside the hall. A big boy with a background in karate, tried to quietly talk Gerry downGerry went into a karate fight stance, eyes literally blazing and teeth clenched. We rearranged it a bit, added some vocal harmonies, and recorded it . contains 5 tracks: The Letter (A. Chilton) While they appeared to go from success to success, the article pointed out that: The road which leads in the proverbial pot of gold isnt always an easy one to tread upon for aspiring groups. We explained who we were and what we were here for. Their harmony was incredible when Bob and I joined, it likely gave them a little more maturity as well as a little more soul and drive. ), that they performed in white mime makeup, and that they communicated silently to the audience in between songs. It produces an unusual effect that has proven pleasing to the ears and won The Andantes a horde of followers. By no means did this spell the end to any of the band members musical careers. Daryl Gutheil remembers: Bob had previously filled in with The Andantes a few times, but we knew he was committed to working with Don Young. The new Dynamics (who were also booked as the Backstreet Dudes according to Deutscher a play on words meaning white boys playing black music) played dates chiefly in northeast United States.

Will Canik Tp9sfx Shoot 147gr, How To Connect Older Vizio Tv To Alexa, How Many Awards Did Blackpink Win, Are Club Seats Good At Td Garden?, Articles T