We guarantee you a full refund for up to a year in the rare case that fraud occurs. "Rick" Ricardo Torres answered his last call on 5/12 responding to a structure fire in New Haven Ct. He's in really good spirits these days, except this week has been hard because his burial was two days ago for his dad. Saleen Martin is a reporter on USA TODAY's NOW team. She was sedated and intubated. I am Angel Torres sister-in-law and I am creating this Gofundme on behalf of his wife Christen Torres (Soemer) and children. A GoFundMe page was created to help Gardner, who goes by Lynn, with medical bills and her recovery. We went out fordrinks and everything. The Torres family didn't know they'd wake up this morning with a funeral to plan today too," Moore said on the fundraiser. See where the Triangle stands. Your donation will be applied where help is most needed. Torres was also a U.S. Marine Corps veteran. She knew his daughter, an 18-year-old high school senior named Myra, was undergoing chemotherapy. JADE MORENO is organizing this fundraiser. Torres served in the Marines for more than four years, obtaining the rank of sergeant. She started a GoFundMeon April 28 to help the family cover costs. 2023 USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Satellite Information Network, LLC. He is just the most generous man when he shouldn't be that generous because he needs to be focused on himself, but he's just so selfless. Copyright 2023 KTRK-TV. ", She added that her chance meeting with Torres started a friendship that changed her life. Moore made it back to her hotel where they called an Uber for her the next morning. . Asked if Moore will ever go back to Coachella any time soon, she said "not a chance. "I also saw him tip this Starbucks employee like $20. He eventually came inside the Sprint store to check on her. It wasn't until later that Moore got in touch with her mom, who tracked her phone to an Airbnb. JADE MORENO is organizing this fundraiser. Karnatz was an avid runner and the mother of three boys. He did everything with him.". The friendship began after an influencer was robbed, and her Uber driver called off his day to help her. Tracey Howard, Connors husband, organized a GoFundMe for funeral expenses for Connors and her dog, Sammy, who was also killed in the shooting. Five GoFundMe pages have been set up by the family, friends and supporters of four of the victims shot just after 5 p.m. after a 15-year-old suspect opened fire in the Hedingham neighborhood of northeast Raleigh. The next day, she would meet Torres, an Uber driver whose daughter and father both had cancer. Born in . His parents said he had underlying health conditions. From the family of Sophia Torres: Sophia just returned from earning the title of 5th in the nation at a soccer tournament in Virgina. Send help right to the people and causes you care about. Lets return that generosity and help take care of Lynn as she fights to overcome this tragedy.. Moore's videos have racked up more than 34 million views. And Marshall was Navy veteran whose wedding was two weeks away. When donating to GoFundMe.org, you are directly helping people impacted by natural disasters, crises, urgent issues, and many nonprofits providing aid. Marissa Torres GoFundMe Angel Brown, a resident of San Antonio, Texas has set up a GoFundMe page to assist the family with funeral and other expenses during this difficult time. Torres, 29, had been a Raleigh police officer for 18 months when he was killed. Torres is survived by his wife and a young daughter. Send help right to the people and causes you care about. They are planning a larger service for Oct. 29, which would have been the day she married Rob Steele. It was Valentine's Day. Send help right to the people and causes you care about. Anyone who wishes to offer support may email SupportRPD@raleighnc.gov. Moore said it feels like a dream to have made such a difference in their lives. While flying home to Nashville, Moore put a plan into action and launched a GoFundMe for her new friend to help raise money to offset medical bills. A husband's dread during an abortion ordeal in Oklahoma, Hearing will consider Duke Energy rate hike in eastern NC, Asheville. It was confirmed that an off-duty Officer was among several shot and killed in the east Raleigh neighborhood. "Take care of your mother. The older girl described the horrific scene to officers at the Longwood Police Department. She's glad he did because she didn't know her plan information and couldn't get a new phone. Fundraisers for the Hedingham shooting victims are doing well so far.Mary Marshall: $21kNicole Connors: $18kLynn Gardner (now in stable condition but with surgeries ahead): $32kRPD Officer Torres: $100k(links to follow), 91.5 Chapel Hill 88.9 Manteo 90.9 Rocky Mount NHFD is grieving the loss of a fallen brother. "All I had was a piece of paper with the Sprint store address on it," Moore told USA Today, adding that she tried to act normal in the Uber but ended up anxiously telling her driver, Raul Torres, everything. She is the most disciplined human in our family. "I was like 'I got robbed last night,'" she said. "It hit $1,000 in one hour and $100,000 in 24 hours which is actually insane," Moore said. For those who would like to help, donations are being accepted to help the Torres family with expenses. As people of faith, they see his death as going home. A popular TikTok influencer who was robbed at Coachella is now giving back to the man who came to her rescue. It had raised more than $94,000 as of Tuesday morning. "I was kind of downplaying it and he was like 'No. The North Carolina Roadrunners Club has honored the memory of Susan Karnatz, an avid runner. He leaves behind a 2 year old Daughter and 5 year old Daughter. "I went to check my phone and I didn't have it, and you know what else I don't have? North Carolina Public Radio | This story was originally published October 15, 2022, 1:55 PM. The celebration of her Marshalls life is planned for Oct. 29, the day of what would have been her wedding, according to McCrickards GoFundMe. Dear friends and family, with a heavy heart we share unexpected news of the passing of Angel Torres. "He went in and never came out," said his father, Alex Torres, during an interview with our sister station KTRK-TV on Friday. After medical bills, Torres told Moore his dream has always been to open a taco shop. Top editors give you the stories you want delivered right to your inbox each weekday. Fundraiser for Isaac Torres by Lyzette Duron : Support for Isaac Family Support for Isaac Family $1,960 raised of $50,000 goal Donate now Larrell Graham $20 Recent donation Lydia Miranda $150 Top donation Marilyn Padilla $50 First donation Become the first supporter Your donation matters GoFundMe protects your donation She thought he was reaching for her necklace until she felt a knife slice her throat. So far, it has raised USD 5,806. He was on his way to work when he was shot and leaves behind his wife and 2-year-old daughter. Analyze how and why you love the way you do. The Oriole Park Falcons'. All rights reserved. His parents said he had underlying health conditions. She was also a U.S. Navy veteran and was going to get married later this month, according to Robert Steele, her fianc. "It hit $1,000 in one hour and then $100,000 in 24 hours," Moore told USA Today. She has a beat to her own drum spirit and loves her friends and family fiercely. STORY: https://bit.ly/44hfFAw @wusa9 . She went to a private party where she lost track of her phone, credit card and rental car keys she suspected they were stolen. There's now a GoFundMe supporting the family. He was the sole provider. On Thursday afternoon, 10/13/2022, several Raleigh Police Officers and other agencies responded to an active shooter situation in the area of the Neuse River Greenway near Osprey Drive and Bay Harbor Drive. Torres' father also had cancer and passed away the day after the fundraiser went live, Moore said. Discuss North Carolina politics. Asked if. He would have done anything for anyone and His passing has left a gaping hole in the hearts of many. On the GoFundMe page, Martinez wrote that the 12-year-old is still in recovery. "I hung out with him and his wife," Moore told the outlet. Before that, he served as a U.S. Marine at Camp Lejeune in Jacksonville. Republican-led NC Supreme Court overturns decisions on redistricting maps, voter ID. Police took them to the Airbnb where the phone was located. Tracey Howard is the husband of Nicole Connors. The fundraiser's. The other victims in the shooting included Nicole Connors, 52; Susan Karnatz, 49; Mary Marshall, 34; and 16-year-old James Thompson. Casandra Torres was best friends with Crystal, saying she was a really fun person to be around. Two GoFundMe pages were created for Mary Marshall by her sister and fianc. Shes a disciplined competitor and went for a run on July 12th in the afternoon and was hit by a car driving down Serrano pkwy. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, it's a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), The new orlandosentinel.com: FAQs and more, Family, friends raise money for funeral expenses after 3-year-old stabbed to death, Florida gas prices down 6 cents from last week. Clark was treated for injuries he sustained during the shooting at a local hospital and later released. Raleigh Police Chief Estella D. Patterson said Torres was not in uniform or in his patrol car at the time of the shooting, according to the News & Observer. Moore and Torres also had dinner that night and got to know each other more. The police, Moore, and Torres searched the location for the phone, but they had no luck, resulting in the police leaving. He was a good husband to his wife Ana and father to his children and stepchildren. By early Monday afternoon, the fundraiser had brought in more than $12,000 of its $20,000 goal. So do NC State, UNC linemen, Senate bill being discussed Monday could change the way HS sports are governed in NC, A mothers excruciating wait for justice in her daughters death just got longer, The scoop on poop: Durham tightens rules for dog waste in neighborhoods and trails, Squirrels love chewing car wires. On April 30, she updated her GoFundMe, sharing the news that Torres' father, who also suffered from cancer, had passed away. Regulators seize First Republic Bank, sell to JPMorgan Chase, Florida makes it impossible to check voter eligibility, then pulls out handcuffs | Commentary, stabbing that left his three-year-old daughter dead and his 12-year-old daughter injured. I would like to ease some of the shock and stress from the sudden loss of the Fogle and Torres familys beloved son, brother, and uncle. My car keys or my credit cards -- so I'm stranded," Moore said. I'll just wait and make sure you get a phone.'". Mitchell Northam is a Digital Producer for WUNC. I'll just wait and make sure you get a phone.'". Back the Blue North Carolina, an organization that supports law enforcement officers in the state, organized a GoFundMe for Torres family and so far has generated $43,195. Wed 24 November 2021 15:34, UK. Sorry,'" Moore said. His visitation on Friday and funeral on Saturday will both be open to the public. This is actually bad. Fundraiser by Back The Blue NC : Benefit for the Family of Officer Torres Benefit for the Family of Officer Torres $146,426 raised of $150,000 goal Donate now Become the first supporter Your donation matters GoFundMe protects your donation We guarantee you a full refund for up to a year in the rare case that fraud occurs. Your donation is protected by the GoFundMe Giving Guarantee. Back the Blue NC, a nonprofit that advocates for law enforcement officials, launched a fundraiser for Torres' family through GoFundMe. A TikToker raised over $240,000 for her Uber driver after finding out his daughter is suffering from cancer. Torres, a father of three, could sense something was wrong and eventually, Moore told him the truth. Words cant explain how much I miss them both, Howard wrote. ", TikTok:Dolly Parton to star in TikTok musical about Taco Bell's Mexican Pizza after menu return. To sign up for Wallingford breaking news alerts and . While they were inside the police station, a Spanish-speaking family walked in and couldn't understand the police. Sophia is going to be a freshmen in high school. Marshall was a graduate of Wake Technical Community College and owned a terrier mix dog named Scruff. "It was so relieving because I knew I could leave now. "He's always been a servant. By clicking Sign up, you agree to receive marketing emails from Insider Funeral services for Raleigh police officer Gabriel Torres have been scheduled for this weekend. She also met hisfamily on Mother's Day. Start searching on GoFundMe today! Saleen Martin,sdmartin@usatoday.com, Twitter:@Saleen_Martin. The funds will help Raul Torres pay his family's medical bills and funeral bills after his father passed away. See our GoFundMe Giving Guarantee. Stay up to date with what you want to know. An aunt, Yvonne White, posted a GoFundMe-verified fundraiser for the family. Your donation is protected by the GoFundMe Giving Guarantee. After medical bills, Torres told Moore his dream has always been to open a taco shop. You never know where WUNC's events will take you. "We found it on the gate," she said. My credit card was in the (phone) case, so I could get a rental car to get to LA so I couldget to an airport or something. She spent the night in a friend's hotel room, and the next morning, the hotel staff called her an Uber to get her phone replaced. She and Torres later found her phone during an additional search attempt. Moore needed to get a new phone, so shewent to the hotel lobby to ask concierge for help calling an Uber to the Sprint store. "If you have any questions you can contact me directly and or about donations. A woman and a second Raleigh police officer also were wounded. Fayetteville police officer and his wife found shot to death at their home, Garners Keion White hears name called in NFL Draft. "I was like, 'I got robbed last night,'" Moore recalled to USA Today. Berenise Galvez is organizing this fundraiser. "That was the most insane thing ever. Back the Blue North Carolina, an organization that supports law enforcement officers in the state, organized a GoFundMe for Torres' family and so far has generated $43,195. As of Tuesday morning, Moore's GoFundMe for the Torres family has raised more than $215,000. No matter where you go, you have him backing you up all the time.". See our GoFundMe Giving Guarantee. I'm not going to let you go into the Sprint store and leave you. This past week, Becca flew back to California to spend time with Torres and got to meet his family. "I want him to be able to open a business like that so that he's set for life," she said. Record number of inmates died in North Carolina jails. The page was created by Taya Torres. To help her calm down, he took her to Starbucks. Eventually, police bowed out and left, Moore said. "I hung out with him and his wife," Mooresaid. He's in really good spirits these days, except this week has been hard because his burial was two days ago for his dad.". The Ohio native has been an influencer since May and already had at least 800,000 followers on TikTok when she met Torres. Five people died and dozens were injured after . I just wasted his entire day,'" Moore told USA Today. All Rights Reserved. Charles Torres struggled to breathe as he said his goodbyes to his three children and four stepchildren in an emotional video.

Resuscitation Triangle Roles In A High Performance Team, What Does The Name Victoria Mean In The Bible, Articles T