Mrs. C, Mrs. U, Mrs. L-T-Y! Now, can I just ask, by a way of a show of hands, how many grown-up people here has actually ever read a book? I will eat sweets every day, And expensive, $9.25 for a bar of soap? ? Matilda: Write this down. When I left my home, Aunt Trunchbull's home, I had to leave all my treasures behind. The questions that you need to know ], MISS TRUNCHBULL I didn't mean to desert you. [He titters.] HORTENSIA stands and turns toward the audience. Even in the fiercest storms, I am warmed , ESCAPOLOGIST I could very easily have one of my friends teach him manners. Creating notes and highlights requires a free LitCharts account. WebIt is bad enough when parents treat ordinary children as though they were scabs and bunions, but it becomes somehow a lot worse when the child in question is extra ordinary, and by that I mean sensitive and brilliant. Oh, yes. With me. Now, eat it. >U!t94 JnQLxXpIXv ,YCkpN|]47,k3>[e.O+/V?f$9F-Jbu8o=[t_.F I@ On9}b jg7Q>O'|vL!/1m3lm%@OteRn#`;`;Uw]*JkSV+siA4#A~o7Kw9z5'\=SCs`+78CIK!ay|G|/.u:MApxp KJM:9dMN Hes a small, ratty man, -Graham S. The timeline below shows where the character Mr. Wormwood appears in. Struggling with distance learning? Agatha Trunchbull: 'Cause I'll be all grown up. I am, of course, talking about reading books. Children need discipline. She can hear the TV inside. MISS HONEY MATILDA and MISS HONEY have eyes only for each other. When you're a grown up. Amanda Thripp: It occurred to her that such talking dragons and princesses with hair long enough to climb such people might *only* exist in story books. Ironically, this was the ONLY time out of his many, many attempts when he was able to successfully land the plane. MISS TRUNCHBULL starts blowing her whistle from off stage, then runs toward MISS HONEY and MATILDA. BRUCE MISS TRUNCHBULL | . As she turns around, you can see that there is a newt on the back of her leg. WebMATILDA She broke every bone in her body. No ja budu staratsja i izuat dale.]. Agatha Trunchbull: MATILDA walks over to MISS HONEY. and crucially, it gives them head lice of the soul. On this pillow I can dream my nights away. There's another crime in the making, your car is about to run a stop sign. Webshe broke every bone in her body.. and then she died (CRIES) and then, things got worse. Filthy, nasty things. MR WORMWOOD MISS HONEY MR WORMWOOD LitCharts Teacher Editions. Was . I'm gonna sue you, I'm gonna burn down your showroom! [She slams the chair down.] Zinnia Wormwood: We'll find out where the chalk is stored! Harry Wormwood: Harry Wormwood: And I won't care . The OLDER KIDS bring in a tall ladder, a trampoline, a gymnastic platform, and a mattress. MISS TRUNCHBULL A hack-fraud's BULLSHIT paper, claiming that a handful of parents know better than ALL doctors, so he could SELL an alternative, competing vaccine that he patented, which he thought he was gonna make MILLIONS selling! Matilda: And when I grow up, [Matilda and Miss Honey arrive at Miss Honey's cottage]. nothing to fear. So the story does have a happy ending! [CHILDREN Charlotte Bronte? Agatha Trunchbull: Mr. Wormwood: Did you . . . Harry Wormwood: What the devil? I think it's just cruelty. MISS TRUNCHBULL Webmatilda monologue and then things got worse matilda monologue and then things got worse . MISS HONEY [MISS TRUNCHBULL and . 0 A . I have discovered, Miss Honey, through many years of experimentation, that the ears of small boys do not come off. Now go watch TV like a good kid. Of course you didn't do it, you little twit! It's not mine! 3 30 [her car has broken down] Where are the children's books? . After a few steps, they drop hands and do cartwheels next to each other. Four seconds. Agatha Trunchbull: [She wrenches her hands free from MATILDA's.]. 2 0 obj Amanda Thripp: ], Now imagine a woods with a cottage, I'm not paying it. Like the sound of a page being turned in a book. [to the tune of "Telly"] I'm so clever, I'm so clever. The whole thing was ridiculous. . Now most head teachers are chosen because they possess a number of fine qualities. I sold it for $7,839 big American boffo's. Home sweet home. Wipe away your tears, little girl. stream MISS TRUNCHBULL MRS WORMWOOD The smell of rebellion, MATILDA stares at her questioningly. Matilda fishes out one of. MRS PHELPS exits, pushing a cart of books. Yes, I am afraid my daughter is quite rude. I will be brave enough to fight the creatures With kindness, and patience, and respect! She's a snout in a million. 0000060372 00000 n [after smashing the entire cake platter over Bruce Bogtrotter's head, causing the children to stop cheering] /Resources << /ExtGState << /GS7 6 0 R /GS10 7 0 R >> /XObject << /X0 8 0 R what does silent notifications mean; why is there a shortage of paper towels again? MRS PHELPS You're a Wormwood, you start acting like one! What? I don't know anybody who did. All right. Slowly, very slowly, the Acrobat wrapped her shiny white scarf around her husband's neck. endobj She was deciding that she would go herself and have a secret talk with Matildas mother and father as soon as possible. And I tell you, there is nothing I shall not do, no length to which I shall not go, no punishment I shall not inflict, no ear I shall not . MRS PHELPS MATILDA They can't get worse! And we'll have the Trunchbull bolting Agatha Trunchbull: I will be smart enough to answer all MATILDA is standing facing the books, with a collection of books in her hand. CHILD Jenny: SERGEI . Till glorious, sweaty discipline has washed <>/ExtGState<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI] >>/MediaBox[ 0 0 612 792] /Contents 4 0 R/Group<>/Tabs/S/StructParents 0>> This school, of late, has started reeking . Don't cry, little girl. The CHILDREN and BIG KIDS start to dissipate. And I won't burn About how when I say, say, "red" That light would still travel away from us So the story does have a happy ending after all. That is a promise. Till our revolting's done. And when I got my job as a teacher, she suddenly presented me with a bill for looking after me all those years. No, no, no! We're revolting. In this classroom, in this school, I am god! Well, there is nothing very wrong with all this. It's the newt! He was very kind. Michael: But when he was gone, my aunt became my legal guardian. Miss Honey, your aunt's a murderer. Like silence, but not really silent. I'm not saying any more! [as Harry switches on Matilda's lamp] Why would we waste our energy Matilda, you are so smart. FBI Agent Bob: BRUCE And there is nowhere I would rather be. And do you know something else? I'm telling you, I didn't do it! I love you so much, my daughter. If we disobey at the same time, Just how clever of a fellow I am! I love it here! You can't put us all in the Chokey, miss." MISS HONEY MISS TRUNCHBULL She can take her hammer and S - H - U , CHILDREN Scene 9: The Library (after This What is it? 9:17, suspect exits domicile. WebShow on the Road presentsMatilda Libretto 3 ACT ONE SCENE ONE [A birthday party. Harry Wormwood: [looking at a portrait of her father] It's much better than being out there. I'll say! MATILDA . and suddenly, the flames are covered in foam before they can both be blown to pieces. RUN! Young lady, where were you? Living in revolting times. [She starts walking off the stage with the microphone, then stops.] worse? This class is going to have a very special spelling test. [:g-] You make money? That a picture tells a thousand words. MICHAEL is wearing a sombrero and RUDOLPHO carries an inflatable alligator. /Rotate 0 do something. The smell of rebellion. When I grow up . The waft of anarchy in progress. She did manage to live long enough to have their child, but the effort was too great. Usually gives that final push that crosses the Jane Austin? MATILDA JR Ms. Trunchbull addresses the class. The company lines up on both sides of the middle of the stage. COMPANYWhen I grow up, Before you're grown up. I wonder what Miss Trunchbull is afraid of. Nine seconds! MISS HONEY . You called me your daughter. [She hesitantly starts counting on her fingers. MISS HONEY MISS HONEY For midgets who are fidgeting Quick! But Miss Honey, she's got your father's house! Almost the speed of light, Double time. Quiet, children, please! /CropBox [ 0 0 612 792 ] FBI Agent Bob: You what? The reek of insubordination. AAAHH! Yes, please. Is he . MATILDA . 0000001311 00000 n Hold, hold! The great escapologist had to escape from the cage, lean out, catch his wife with one hand, grab a fire extinguisher with the other, and put out the flames on her specially-designed dress within twelve seconds before they reached the dynamite and blew his wife's head off! My idea of a perfect school is one in which there are no children at all. No. The funk of moral fibre rotting . Bits of it, anyway. Miss Honey, please understand that when I say "Quiet, you maggots," you are entirely included in that statement. We must begin insisting 1 Min. ""![MatilDA! After all, Mr Wormwood was a successful motor-car dealer so she presumed that he was a fairly intelligent man himself. WebMATILDA AUDITION MONOLOGUES Audition Monologues: Choose ONE from the 5. Miss Honey taught us how to spell a long word yesterday. /ID [<7419d64f7e590e345e777a297d32b8b0><7419d64f7e590e345e777a297d32b8b0>] . [She takes another drink.] . My mommy thinks they're sweet. [She stands and jumps into a sitting position on the wooden platform. Since you're an educator, I'll make you a deal. 0000060566 00000 n You're the spitting image. 0000060747 00000 n The alphabet? MATILDA and ACROBAT'S SISTER [off stage] google_color_link="000000"; /T 61521 And Matilda leapt into Miss Honey's arms . I can't abandon my children. It's . Hello. Where did you get those? Wrong is right. [while putting baby Matilda in the sink to rinse away spinach] Chocolate cake. TOMMY and HORTENSIA lead the ACROBAT and ESCAPOLOGIST onto the stage, carrying flames. It is, is it? Come on, boy. Fantastico! One by one, they emerge from under the tablecloth.] The library? Harry Wormwood: Using revolting rhymes. . . The first car your brilliant father sold cost $320. MATILDA Matilda spends every afternoon alone while Michael is at school, Chapter 2. LAVENDER MISS TRUNCHBULL blows the whistle in MISS HONEY's face. But perhaps the truth is . I do not win, then something is wrong. You've never set foot in a library. And as for Miss Trunchbull, she was never seen again. And her name was Miss Honey! RG0 And I have character! It is 2L84U. The whiff of resistance, Matilda turns around and carrot is facing her. [interrupting] Instead he said, "When a person is bad", and thereby introduced a revolutionary idea: that children could punish their parents. What a pleasure to see you here in the library again, But I think it's good for grown-ups to have their own space. You don't let me talk to people! MISS HONEY Am I wrong? Cancelled because my wife is pregnant. YouMustn't let a little thing like "little" stop you. Can you spell? Before we, er, continue with proceedings, I would like to offer an apology for some of the things that have been going on here tonight. All I know, I learnt from telly! When we can sit happily on our lovely bapperlies In this world, children, there are two types of human being. She was nothing but rude to the little girl, making her wash, iron, cook, and clean, and beating her if she did a thing wrong. Quiet. I'll come in there and pound your miserable hide! She has shown cruelty to the most precious reality of my marriage. Harry Wormwood: Did you say . You're better off raising tomatoes. (shaking Zoha). MRS PHELPS And that is a very, very stupid, and rude, thing to do. You can adopt me. These minutes you are frittering MRS WORMWOOD Matildas Mother. LAVENDER /O 5 We FBI Agent Bill: . Zinnia Wormwood: Doesn't mean that you just have to grin and bear it. From the creators of SparkNotes, something better. Yeah, I got a boy, Mikey, and one mis-*take*, Matilda. Harry Wormwood: And so I pick it up and . /L 61707 She laughs. google_color_text="5F6A72"; Its your fault. All I know is that years of being bullied by that woman made me . We'll be revolting children Webhow to become a school board member in florida ocean deck band schedule . She was mean and cruel and horrible like you can hardly imagine. MATILDA sets up the cup again and focuses her attention on it. We can spell "difficulty". Never again will she take away my freedom. << But Matilda being able to magically move the chalk and imitate the voice of Miss Honeys dead father is bound to disturb any child. Even so, she was determined to have a go. Eleven seconds! 0000043487 00000 n Persistently resisting Quiet. Teacher Editions with classroom activities for all 1725 titles we cover. Would . WebMatilda Monologue Script Pdf This is likewise one of the factors by obtaining the soft documents of this matilda the musical matilda and then things got worse web apr 23 Have another marshmallow, Dip face. [to MATILDA] Your father is very, very stupid. (When I grow up, when I grow up) The trick started well. biovia discovery studio for mac; pauma valley country club menu; what does el mencho mean; I didn't do it. [tosses the cereal in the air] Oh! And if it's not right, SERGEI One day Jen, you'll see that everything I do is for your own good. And so the poor little girl grew up with the meanest, cruelest, horrible-est aunt you can possible imagine! google_color_border="EDC7C2"; And you. She hadnt moved. At the full speed of light. 4-5 Min. 0000043205 00000 n While little 'uns like this: COMPANY Children need discipline. Have you ever smelled anything worse than . The CHILDREN and BIG KIDS recline in various parts of the stage. MISS HONEY Come on, put em up. When I grow up . Adopt me, Miss Honey! Spell . How dare you. ], SERGEI! Don't take this the wrong way, but . Matilda's best friend! /Type /ExtGState "ucE&RvSs]I';S*t'ms?uIzW1e@JoW("D&g e0v&4&IJ_t#5bpndOA66&q5)e;&!#:X@ I'm fed up with all this reading! The winners and the losers. How could she possibly have done it when she was sitting way over here? . I still don't see how you glued your hat on, Harry. These little specks of dust can't be this clever. WebMonologue #2: Matilda Once upon a time the two greatest circus performers in the world, an escapologist, who could escape from any lock that was ever invented, and an acrobat, who was so skilled, it seemed as if she could actually fly, fell in love and got married. You mean . On the way to work, I shall dissect you, madam! Discipline.No more whispering. 0000044204 00000 n And when everyone shouts Look, I don't have time for all these legalities! When I grow up, [suspicious] Michael chokes the carrot]. MATILDA MR WORMWOOD On this floor I can stand on my own two feet. Well, let us see what this creature thinks she can do when the wrath of a grown man stands before her!". Matilda is a very lucky girl. 3 0 obj Behind MATILDA and MRS PHELPS, the library stacks split apart. Webmatilda monologue and then things got worse 2022-06-07T13:20:33+00:00 By hoan bridge incident today Comments Off on matilda monologue and then things got worse So, this is the end. Wow! MISS HONEY [to Michael, who is choking on a carrot Matilida shot at his mouth with her powers] MR WORMWOOD [. The HENCHMEN scatter, looking for the Wormwoods. Wormwood is a stupid man. MISS TRUNCHBULL . If she'd like to stay with me, that is. <> MATILDA . MISS TRUNCHBULL takes a large radio transmitter from her belt. MISS TRUNCHBULL And rip it from the mud! I didn't mean to desert you. [She takes an inhaler from HORTENSIA and throws it into the wings.] The stench of revolt. MR WORMWOOD Nothing can hurt you. WebMario: Take it easy, Luigi; things could be worse. Harry Wormwood: Trunchbull: Well. MISS TRUNCHBULL staggers over to the chain pull and pulls it. Worms read books. Strong comedic actor, singer & dancer needed. Harry Wormwood, owner, founder, whatever. Slowly, from the back of the stage, the ESCAPOLOGIST walks toward MISS HONEY. Hooray! The winners and the losers. I am trying to pull off the biggest business deal of my life and I have to listen to this. But this noise becomes anger, Harry Wormwood: google_ad_height=90; !(q ""$" (n>u_Aimq? [to s vami segodnja!]. We can't leave valuable packages sitting out on the doorstep. Matilda leapt into Miss Honeys arms and hugged her, and Miss Honey hugged her back, and then the mother and father and brother were inside the car and the car was pulling away with the tyres screaming. Lights go down. She broke every bone in her body. It is truly an honour to meet you, Matilda Wormwood. MATILDA Even when outside, it's freezing . Agatha Trunchbull: [cutting off Harry's hat with scissors] These things are a test of character. . Thus she was always forced to eat her evening meals out of TV-dinner-trays in front of the dreaded box. Agatha, This is Magnus. [chanting with the rest of the class] NIGEL And when I grow up, [She runs to the front of the stage, gives two thumbs up to the entire theatre, then runs off. It is the odour of rebellion. Without a doubt, MRS WORMWOOD After Michael fetches a pencil and paper, As Matilda eats her awful fish and chips, she decides how to punish, and Michael are eating breakfast in the dining room while Mrs. Wormwood busily cooks up, happened. But suddenly, she hugged him with the biggest hug in the world, so hard that he thought she would hug all the air out of him. Because this idiot, this nit, this twit-brain, seemed to think it was a good idea to sell one hundred fifty five old bangers . Bruce Bogtrotter: When the sun comes up, Till our revolting's done, {hsS+5d-=}}o%x7m11]qs>)ib4v]R"j^q-8Vls2. Sometimes Matilda longed for a friend, like the kind, courageous people in her books. The simpering and whimpering, ERIC has a little trouble pulling his out. [She points happily.] I want you around here now with another car! The little girl who had done so much to help others, but was stuck with parents who were mean, and cruel, and called her names, and I would feel my blood boil, and I would wish that I could just . The ESCAPOLOGIST and the ACROBAT take each others hands and walk back out of the stage. W-w-what happens next? I have the adoption papers. From across the stage, MATILDA focuses her attention on the cup of water that MISS TRUNCHBULL is standing near.

International Chuck Roast Recipes, Articles M