How high should a fireplace mantel be from the floor? My fireplace mantle is 54 inches from the floor and I have 8 ft ceilings with a 50 inch TV above. Those mantels which are 48 inches or taller from the ground half a foot on top of the mantel is the ideal height for your TV. Its certainly fine, but Id probably recommend one thats 48 so that theres more room on top. How high to hang curtains with eight foot ceilings? And, Im not a pro, but it really seems a bit bossy, dont you think? Then, I took the trumeau mirror from above to try it out. So, if your ceiling is ten feet high, your mantel should be about six and a half feet high. This is an architectural drawing I found. If you are using a lighter material, like wood, a two-inch mantel will be sufficient. But, it looks not-so-great to have more than one foot of stone or brick usually.). Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Certain factors should be considered in mind and create a perfect home. - Best mantle height with eight foot ceiling, - Fireplace mantel heights with tv above with a 8 fooot ceiling, - Rock fireplace ideas with 8 foot seiling, - Fireplace with tv above mantle designs for 8 ft ceilings, - Fireplace mantel height on 8 foot ceiling, - 8 foot ceiling height for fireplace mantle. And, why didnt anyone notice? Author: How Publish: 1 days ago Rating: 4 (1387 Rating) Highest rating: 5 Lowest rating: 2 Descriptions: If you have a ten-foot ceiling, the mantel height should be around sixty-six inches. Oh, what a gorgeous Parisian apartment. I would like to hang a pictures on a wall 10 feet high and 14 feet wide. Related: 35+ Best Living Room Ideas With Fireplace and TV (Photos). This will give you more flexibility when choosing a mantel and ensure that the fireplace is the focal point of the room. With 8 foot ceilings how high should your fireplace mantel be mounted. How high does a wood mantel need to be above a fireplace? thank you? If your fireplace is particularly deep, you may need to mount the TV higher than eye level in order to avoid obscuring the flames. I would say more as a shrine to their televison. (or maybe fix this one?). Is It Too Late To Spiffy Up the Bedroom Decor For Xmas? Mantel Height For 10 Ft Users who viewed this problem also viewed: How high should mantel be for 8 foot ceilings? On the other hand, the fireplace and mantleshould be proportional to the room. i have 2 pictures 15x15 how should i hang these given proper dimensions? In general, a fireplace mantel should be at least two inches thick. The answer, however, is not as straightforward as one might think. Finally, be sure to choose a style that will complement your fireplace. Welcome to standard time! Since Boston is one of the easternmost cities in eastern time and is also pretty far north, it gets dark quite early. If your fireplace sticks out, take that measurement and add 3 inches to get your mantel depth. Now that you know how high your mantel should be, here are some tips on how to style it: Use a mix of decorative objects to add visual interest, Hang a mirror or painting above the mantel to reflect light and add dimension, Add plants or flowers for a touch of natural beauty, Use candles to create a cozy atmosphere. A thicker mantel is required for a stone or brick mantel. As with the TV, your main goal is to maintain good proportions so that the room appears balanced. Second, the bases are too high. However, a good rule of thumb is to keep the TV at least six feet away from the fireplace. Please paste the youtube video url in the field below: Topic: Height of fireplace hearth and mantels in eight foot rooms. Its important to note that the top of the mantel is the point of measurement. Have a great day! That would be plate-rail height, and would look great with 8ceilings in a standard size room. The blog is where I share all. For thicker logs, the thickness should be placed well and focus on seven to five inches long. AI (Artificial Intelligence) Could Ruin My Blogging Career! Which leaves 48, not including the crown moulding. A good guideline from the NFPA is to add an inch of height to the mantel for every inch of depth greater than two inches in the firebox. The purpose of the mantel is not merely decorative. They take place an ideal opportunity in assuming more outcomes between 4 and 6 feet from the floor. How high to hang painings on 9 foot ceilings? hmmm It goes against the rules. If you have an eight-foot ceiling, the mantel should be about 58 inches high. It is a similar mirror to the pier mirror I found above. The height of the mirror over the mantel. These are thickness, depth, and width. It depends on local code. By using the thinner wood planks, it must opt for choosing the four inches for fixing the mantle. In this post, we will explain the actual height of the mantleis. I swiped this beautiful detail from their instagram account @kuikenbrothers. Fireplace mantle placement on 8 ft ceilings. Below the mantel shelf is the entablature, the same as in the classical orders. WebOn the other hand, the fireplace and mantle should be proportional to the room. haha. Those Corinthian capitals have goosebumps! Of course, the house authority and recommendations might differ according to the requirements. This is just a starting point. If you have a taller ceiling, you may want to consider a taller mantel. The original fireplace was a 1970s flagstone horror with a raised hearth and concrete mantel. The above is from a wonderful company I discovered recently, in New Jersey, Kuiken brothers, who make the most gorgeous mouldings. Of course, the average height of a fireplace mantel is just that an average. For example: If you have a blank wall that is 9 feet tall and 5 feet wide, you would multiply both 9 and 5 by 0.6 and 0.75. Check back soon to follow our tweets. Whats the difference aside from one being a horizontal plane and one being a vertical plane? Well be talking about that a little later on. In addition to this, it remains closed and gets into fine experience forever. How high to place a self mantel 8 ceiling? However, it delivers quick results and manages everything depends on the challenging experience. (Heres How To). Oh My Freaking Gagawful!!! Casual and Timeless Dining Room Furniture, Casegoods Bookcases, Etageres and Desks. -If you have a TV on your mantel, the bottom of the screen should be at least six inches above the top of the mantel. Fireplace Mantel Height Houzz Fireplace Tv Wall Fireplace Mantle Tv Over Fireplace. How many inches from the ceiling are you supposed to hang pictures? This will give you the range of canvas print sizes that will suit the space. An average fireplace is 48 inches from the hearth floor. Two forms of above-fireplace installation are exceedingly popular. haha. But, I would do a mirror with a thinner frame. If you have shorter ceilings, this may affect your options for the space above your mantel. How high should you hang a painting above a couch with 8 foot ceilings? The answer to this question depends on the size of the fireplace and the height of the ceiling. 1 Todays standard ceiling height is nine feet. Newer houses are often built with nine-foot ceilings on the first floor (and, sometimes, eight-foot ceilings on the second story). 2 Ceilings can go beyond the industry standard, to 10 and 12 feet high. 3 A tray ceiling generally requires a height of at least a nine feet. Powered by its own community and writers around the globe. A higher mantel can make the room feel smaller, so its best to stick to the rule of thumb. How high should you hang a picture over a fireplace with 11 ft ceiling? Add a minimum of 12 inches above As it needs to go on a diet? The depth of your mantel will depend on how far your fireplace protrudes from the wall. But I love how Kristin created this integrated mirror using smaller mirrors with a small bevel and a tiny brass rosette. Ideally, you should measure 12 inches from the top of the firebox to mount your mantel. However, you may want to make it larger or smaller depending on the look you are going for. Please note, however, that these dimensions are not written in stone. How high above the hearth should the mantel be placed? We have researched well and provide some tips to make sure to design a mantleand fireplace for your home. A good rule of thumb is to have your mantel extend about two-thirds the width of your fireplace. The blog is where I share all. For instance, if you have a ceiling height between 7 and 9 feet, the mantel height should be 3 to 4.5 feet from the floor. If the mantel is less than four feet from the floor or your fireplace does not have a mantel mount the screen around 12 inches above the mantel or fireplace itself. In addition to this, it can match the requirements quickly by discovering more heights. Its undulating so wildly, Im getting car sick. But, if running vertically, you can actually run the mirror right up to the crown moulding, and this will actually help lift the ceiling. A too-wide mantel will look out of place and make the fireplace seem small. If this is the case: An average fireplace is 48 inches from the hearth floor. PS: Please check out the newly updated hot sales. However, it feels out of place, it will automatically affect the appeal of the room. Hi, Im Laurel, and Laurel Home is the website and blog for Laurel Bern Interiors. If you put a TV above that mantel it will be too high for comfortable viewing in the average-size room. And, ready your barf bags. And, maybe some of you are lucky enough to inherit an old 19th century or earlier beauty. By involving proper measurement, it should focus on the height, length, and width for challenging. First of all, yes, 63 tall for a fireplace mantel in a room with an eight-foot ceiling is a little How high on wall do you hang a big clock 9 foot ceilings? What size crown molding for 9 foot ceilings? Right of center fireplace and 20 foor ceilings. Of course, it provides a quick solution to make sure about the essential thing for the size of the room. Of course, it is a boon for us to add six inches and both sides will determine the length. If you have a raised hearth, then the height from the floor to the mantel will include that. If you have a 20-foot ceiling, your mantel should be about 72 inches high. Mantel width should be based on the size of the fireplace. There is no definitive answer, as it depends on the size of your fireplace and how much space you want to leave between the two. For instance, my doors with their frame are roughly ten feet high. When you have a sec, please check them out because they just brought in over 500 new things like this stunning chair above. WebIn a typical room, with 8 or 9-foot ceilings, the optimal height of a wall mirror can be found by dividing the wall into four quarters. WebIf you have a standard nine-foot ceiling, your mantel should be about sixty-six inches high. In a 9 foot room, you want to have about 3-4.5 feet above the mantel. Home Homeowners Improvements Average Height of a Fireplace Mantel, Written by: Author Andrew Helling |Reviewed by: Editorial Team, Posted on Last updated: February 21, 2023. That can play an essential factor. A large fireplace can accommodate a taller mantel, while a small fireplace may look better with a shorter mantel. NewAntiqueFrench makes these custom trumeau mirrors in the Louis XVI style. If your fireplace is small, keep the mantel simple and understated. This could work, but I really prefer the Louis XVI style with the key corners. Infinite Sushi is the go-to source for Home & Garden culture, Art, Design, Lifestyle content. For standard 8-foot-high ceilings, the crown/cornice However, I was watching one of his hypnotic styling videos the other day. What would be the best placement for 2 pictures above my super single sized bed.each picture is (12.75 x 10.4) inches. How far away from a fireplace should a TV be? This is a trumeau mirror. I dont know where its from. That is running the mirror vertically. WebWe are replacing the existing mantel with new mantel, doors and surround. 15 Alternatives to Traditional Shutters for Your Home, Increasing Nutritional Value by Cooking Steak Sous Vide. All About Fireplace Design and Decorating Ideas, Cleaner For Fireplace Glass Doors In House, How To Remove Glass Fireplace Doors For Cleaning, Wolf Steel Fireplace Remote Control Manual, Modern Farmhouse Fireplace Shelf Mantel By Dogberry Collections, Ventless Gas Fireplace Smells Like Chemicals, How Much Does It Cost To Clean A Fireplace And Chimney. And the beautiful new HOLIDAY SHOP filled with decorating ideas as well as gift guides galore! A mantlemust suit the home space and room within the limited choice. The island top. If in Doubt Do a Little Math. When deciding on the height of your mantel, be sure to consider the overall proportions of your fireplace and room. They include proper planning and measuring for fixing the mantlewithout any hassles. mcmansion home with the entry painted baby barf beige. How High Should the TV Be Above The Mantel? The mantel should be about six inches wider than the fireplace opening. Please swallow your coffee/wine/mimosa. I would do a third window like the two upper ones on the sides. This is a starting point. The most popular size wall-mounted televisions have 55-57 inch screens. How to decorate a great room with 12 foot ceilings open concept? Well talk about some ways to keep things in balance. You will have variations depending on the size of your room, the height of the ceiling, the size of the fireplace, and the material for the mantel.

How To Calculate Jack Rafters, Articles M