Let us know in the comments below. It comes in both Stainless and Blue PVD and has a seven round cylinder. 8.37 in. In Stock. The SP-101 isa 5-shot DA/SA .357 Magnum available in stainless steel or blued finishes. These happen to be some of our favorites. View. I have the 3" barrel and the DASA model. All of my barrels are heavy vented rib. How about to shoot? The latter is an ideal range gun, but it can't compete accuracy-wise with the S&W 686 (which is far more accurate and which isn't even on the list), and when it left the range, it wasn't very useful except as a drawer gun and a paperweight. I thoroughly enjoy your articles. All three were great, just prefer the 44 mag for police work. This gun is FABULOUS! Allmost every round through them have been full house 357 Mag. Its possible to wear out or break important parts of the revolver under these loads. This revolver is built on a large frame similar to the Smith and Wesson model 29. And stay in touch with newsletters of our best articles on techniques, guns, & gear. You must not have fired the Taurus Tracker. It handles .357 Magnum ammunition very well, and you will feel little recoil when firing. With heavy loads the low center of fire keeps you on target if you want a revolver with ease try one, Well you left out one of the sweetest 357mags, the new rino 3' 357mags. The 2nd cylinder is for 9-mm. There is no "proven stopping power" for a particular caliber gun. SMALL. I have a Security Six that I like and a K6s 3" DASA that I love. With 9mm there's barely any detectable recoil. It's a shame and you're not doing anyone a service. The only thing that I regret in hindsight is 35 years ago having a custom trigger and hammer job done on the Mod. Rugged & Reliable for Field or Range Use. i wondered why he did put the 327 performance center on here 627 comes in and the performance center also. Gun Bore Cleaner, Hoppe's 2.25 oz. The 15-2 is still available on the used market and at a reasonable price. and hunt with a 8" Dan Wesson. An officer traded it in and I was fortunate enough to see it before anyone else did. Personalize your experience. Since 1852 we've been an industry leading manufacturer of pistols, revolvers, rifles, and shooting accessories. Taurus 66, 6" made the list. These were both brand new 640 revolvers and even the "good" one was not that great. I'd like to know where the S&W 586-L comp fits into this discussion. Series. Find a huge assortment of wild west style and modern wheel gun takes from Colt, Smith & Wesson, and more. I do not have a 5 shot 7 shot or 8 shot yet in 357..The model 60 is on my to get list, the pro series. 4 - Very Good: Shows slight wear and possibly some minor dings or scratches. Concealability: Were looking at concealed carry revolvers, in turn, were sticking with smaller .357 Magnums. The Model 60 is a5-shot DA/SA stainless steel J frame revolver. Bought a security 6 (4" barrell) about a year ago. The K6S design is sleek, reducing the chances of hanging up on the draw, hastened further by a concealed hammer. i like my Tarus 357 mag with a 4inch barrel .it might be some cheaper but it handles good and its accurate. Its factory grips are a bit small, but easily upgradable with plenty of aftermarket options. Marcus! I love my Chiappa Rhino. Let's go through them one by one. I wanted a similar J-frame revolver to carry for plinking and as a survival kit gun as an homage to Marty. Before you quit shooting for the day, shoot at least two cylinders of your defensive ammo. Haven't put as many rounds through it as I would like, but it seems like we were made for each other. This kit includes both .177 BB and pellet shells for more shooting options and less reloading! 25 after seeing how much the value has gone up and it's not original. KORTH Combat Revolver NSC 3 Inch .357 MAG . The King Cobra is a medium-frame 6-shot revolver with a 3-inch barrel, sporting a brushed stainless steel finish. Yes sir totally agree. Never had it not go BANG and cycle properly when shooting. You can also find some L Frame revolvers that are somewhere between the K and the N in frame size. I paid 350-400 dollars for the king cobras and only 300 for the python. .357 mag. Can you recommend me the best bullets to choose for precision. The extra powder space in the .357 comes from seating the bullet farther out in the case with a cannelure, not from the extra length, which adds little in the way of volume. It was first introduced in 1934 and serves as the foundation of the Magnum Era.. I have no complaints against the Taurus revolvers except for the polymer 357, for obvious reasons--those are two words that simply don't belong together. I too have been a big fan of Taurus. The Model 627 also brings a large trigger and hammer and adjustable rear sight with a gold bead front sight. Review, 8 On-Target Concealed Carry Insurance Options (2022), 10 Affordable Double-Barrel Shotgun Options (2023), Best AR-15 Options For Any Budget And Buyers Guide (2023), Best Concealed Carry Handguns For Women (2023). The kit includes Hoppe's No. It also comes with a second cylinder that is for 9mm giving you access to the most popular revolver and semi auto cartridges in one firearm. Explore firearms based on your interests! It will list just about every 357 magnum, new and used for you to look at. I experienced that in a S&W Model 10 when teaching a new police shooter on his very first day. In 1972, Ruger introduced the Ruger Security-Six, Service-Six, and Speed-Six Revolvers for law enforcement, civilian self-defense, and military markets. All 3 were extremely accurate and reliable. 6.50 in. . I was lucky enough to grow up with .357s available to shoot and since then it has always been my go to cartridge. WARNING: Products sold on this site may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. However, the occurrence is rare enough to be negligible. I have heard from my local gun dealer that they can easily pull $3,000. Their prices are still reasonable, but they are starting to climb, as the name start to get respected again. North American Arms Mini Revolver Revolver, Smith & Wesson Detective Special Revolver. the ruger redhawk also sold out thats how i found the s&w 627 all steel gun, While I would agree with most of this article, as a dedicated SA revolver person, I think you should have touched on the Ruger Blackhawk a little more. With 38's it's like shooting a 22. This is a large frame revolver. I shoot .38 +P ammo for practice. Minimum wear. I regularly carry my Windicator when in situations where deep concealment isn't a necessity (OWB under winter clothing will be fine; it'll stick out a bit in light clothing; IWB appendix carry is possible and the most concealed position available. The grips, barrel length, weight, and good DA/SA trigger make this revolver very balanced and pleasant to shoot without being unwieldy. How much would a .S&W 357 mag, 586-6 shots with 8-1/4 barrel cost? Call it the ultimate . I usually use the 4" or 6". Thanks for the article. Both Models 66 and 19 are now being produced again, capable of handling hot 357 loads. Currently they sell for 3-5k USD. You should check it out. How can I subscribe of your blog. both good weapons.I have a 686 with a 4 barrels.I have had it close to 30 years,and still love it.Even today when I unlimber it at the range with full power a,MMO the range ,someone is bound to come up,and say Kinber revolvers from now on for me. KORTH Combat Revolver NSC 4 Inch .357 MAG . If you are referring to police work they all are obsolete. Lubricating Oil, an aluminum cleaning rod and a brush with steel bristles. And a Ruger BH ss 6 1/2 brl. Their size also makes them easy to draw and bring to bear quickly. He is a gun owner and avid reloader from Colorado. Used a S&W 6" 686 for years in U.S.P.S.A matches even had a compensator milled in it, the hotter the load the less the muzzle would rise. K comp is by far my favorite 357mag..Colt Python has become to crazy to purchase..$$$$$$. Finally, theres the J Frameprobably one of the most popular styles of revolvers. As an example, I do happen to like the earlier 6 shot 686s, but dont care much for the heavier 7 shooters. Go a .357 Magnum revolver, youd better practice your emergency reloads! 2 - Missing Major Parts: Missing a barrel, cylinder or other major components. I put the 2 and 1/2 inch barrel on, loaded with .357 and with no hearing protection, pulled the trigger. The Kimber feels beefier, it is finished better than any gun for the money. My favorite is a Colt Trooper Mk III - 6" that I've had since 1968. I regret selling my S&W 586. MSRP: $719, ruger.com. Then, as now, everyone wanted more powerful ammo. Easy to keep under wraps, but not at the expense of controllability, the nifty snub-nose heaters present armed citizens with the whole package. I've owned more than one; one that I got 2nd hand I had to replace the ejector rod, but this was cheap, and would not have given me any trouble in a defensive situation where I needed more than six shots and there are very few situations that I hope I might ever run into that require more than one (well, hopefully zero!) & .357 . 1 - Incomplete: Missing most of the main kit components. Id like to see reviews on the colt lightening and the Taurus thunderbolt .357 mag pump action rifles. Case in point, the Ruger GP-100, an outstanding range gun. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. All this being said, my personal CCP is a 1911 in .45 ACP. Compare. In certain quarters of the gun world thats what an on-person gun chambered for granddaddy magnum amounts toan anachronism of the highest degree. 3 - Good: Parts that have been used but are still in mechanically good condition. Also, the Python is just too iconic to not mention. Smith & Wessons lighter K frame Model 19 was released in 1957 developed to meet the special needs of law enforcement. . The extra length prevents the revolvers cylinder from closing and locking into place. Item Number: 164194. I keep mine because I know it, use it, and have speed loaders that work. After 35 years this one is still my favorite. One of Colts most famous revolvers is the 1873 Colt Single Action Army in the Colt .45 caliber. Ive had a S&W Mod.19 for roughly 35yrs. Lucky to see light of day once a year. I shoot exclusively reloads now, but 357 or 38spc both run excellent in it. One more thing, actual front and rear sights earn the K6S extra points. Looking closely I believe the problem was the previous owner had flipped the wheel into the gun with a flick of the hand quite a few times causing the damage (NEVER do this with your revolver despite it being a rather satisfying feeling and it being ubiquitous in the movies.) The action is super smooth. Reliable. and have never had a problem with any of them. Ruger GP-100, stainless steel, 6-inch barrel. Kimber put thought into what makes a solid concealed carry revolver and it shows in its K6S line. s/w 686 367 mag or Ruger Gp100 this is my first revolver Need advise. Excellent price too. 6 in. I have 2 Colt king cobras and one python. Very few I dont care for. I dont shoot it much, but for me its still a keeper. I have reduced my 357 Mag Revolver holdings to the Ruger Security Six, Ruger SP101 and Ruger GP 100. I have a 4" GP100 match champion that shoots like a dream. The .357 Magnum revolver soldiers on, but not every make and model is ideal for concealed carry. This gun opts for a front blade sight and fixed rear sight. The S&W and Ruger names speak for themselves. The 2.25-inch and 3-inch models offer synthetic black grips, front ramp sight, and fixed rear sight. Carried a Speed Six and model 19 at work, then settled on a 629. But for our discussion here we can boil down the gun and cartridges pluses and minuses to the quick. Each case has compartments for the three additional barrel assemblies and factory-supplied barrel wrench kit. With about $100 difference between the two models, the PC upgrade is worth the money delivering not only a more attractive gun but some notable enhancements. Not wanting to blow big buck on one, I found mine at Academy for 429, so I went ahead and bought it.. In Stock. All the Revolvers you listed are excellent but you left out one of the best 357 Mag. Your details are intuitive and to the point. Price: $5.99. You also get match-grade wood grips and adjustable sights. You can carry them concealed easily with a 4-inch barrel if you wear loose clothes, and they also conceal well in a fanny pack. *to be pedantic, Americans people often pronounce "Windicator" as intuitively spelled for us "WIN"-dicator; but being a German gun, it's pronounced "VIN-dicator", same as the English word "vindicate." We already have an account registered for email address One also must consider whether today's .357 Magnum revolvers are as good as or worse than the giants upon whose shoulders they stand. Thank y'all! My daughter liked it and now she is downright deadly with it. One of the GP-100's claims to fame is its robustness. Black powder occupies a far greater volume than smokeless. . You get most of the oomph of 357, but can still conceal easily. anything extra and your mitigates recoil and muzzle lift. I have the Ruger SP-101 with the 2.25" inch barrel and the rubber grip with the finger grooves that gives you someplace to put your pinky finger. 9 two oz. Copyright 2023 EveryGunPart.com | Attention: No firearms are being sold on this site. I have a ..357 Ruger Blackhawk. I have a Taurus Tracker model 692, multi-caliber. . Don't quit reading, just try shooting the latest Taurus out. I know a lot of people would disagree, but of all the snub noses, 357 or 38 special I have shot, the newest Taurus 605 is the one I bought and would buy again. I puchased a fired once, the sights hadnt even been corrected it was hitting low left, Taurus 66 6inch about 7 months ago and it is by far my favorite range gun. Not much else to say. 6.5" barrel, stainless steel, ported to help manage recoil. :-). Indeed, .38 Spl. i love my Trooper MK3..love my ugly ole glock 31/.357sig too.. Item Number: 150855. But a wheel gun is history. More barrel affords me a balance I am very accustomed to. It has a 2.125-inch underlug barrel and exposed hammer with black synthetic grips that wear well. Truth be told, with ammo and gunsmithing advancement, the .357 Magnum has only gotten better with time. Add to Cart. Yeah the Smitty is one fine well crafted pistol, BUT my Danny will out shoot it all day long!!! Our flagship line of compact, full-size and hybrid EDC pistols. Keep 'em coming. The older gun I have probably killed 30 deer the slightly newer one probably 15 or 20. I enjoyed reading y'all's comment. A relative newcomer in comparison to some of these models, the Kimber K6s comes in a few different models with the main two being the standard K6s (Double-action only), and the DASA (exposed hammer). MODEL 317 KIT GUN. All in all, its an excellent concealed-carry revolver if you want a lot of firepower in a small package. You must not know about them yet. It is not in S&W or Ruger league or prestige but for basic day to day practicality on the street or bedside I'd put it up against anything, really. Manurhin and Korth are also completely unobtainable for the vast majority of people. In the past 6 months I purchased a 1972 Smith and Wesson 27-2, a 1968 Colt Trooper (Python style action), and a 1965 Colt Python. 2.50 in. it is indeed a great lil gun for the money. Hey Jeremy, thanks for the reca Rhino is on my list of revolvers to try! You can load enough bullseye in a 38 special case to blow just about any 357extra powder room is not needed or required. With practice it runs fast. Numerous times people have offered to buy it. In fact, I have grown fond of 3" barrels. KORTH Ranger Revolver 4 Inch .357 MAG. For me the only guns that compete in terms of my own accuracy at self-defense range would be my 1911 and S&W revolvers. I've long carried a .22 Browning Buckmark pistol but wanted to add a small rimfire revolver to my collection and decided to share some thoughts on the "kit gun" idea here. The best .357 yet and you didn't even find anywhere on your list to put it: Dan Wesson! I agree with the Manurhin. The 158-grain semi-jacketed soft point bullet permits the quicker transfer of energy, which enables the bullet to do more damage. Good to know. Exclusive deals, discounts, new product launches, coupon codes and more. Brand: Smith & Wesson. Shorter Barrels Notably Reduce VelocitySnubbed-nose .357 Magnum revolvers produced excessive muzzle flash for a reason, they burn a lot of powder outside the bore. It's easy to build muscle memory of draw, clear, finger on trigger, pull hammer and then trigger, repeat. Jack. 6rd swing-out cylinder with reusable BB and pellet cartridges. 22 MAGNUM $839. towards your level. The very first gun I ever bought was a Taurus Model 66, 357 mag. 357 caliber: 357 SIG, 357 Magnum 9mm: 9mm Luger, 9mm Parabellum Product Description Real Avid Gun Boss Multi-Kit 9mm is a comprehensive gun cleaning kit for any 9mm pistol, 357 caliber, 38 special or 380 handgun or revolver. It's soft shooting even with 357 magnum rounds. And Hogue Overmolded grips with finger grooves adds another level of control to the handgun. While these guns are powerful, their large size and heavy weight make them harder to conceal. 3. TF. Subscribe to our newsletter today to receive updates on the latest news, upcoming events, useful tips and new product releases. SMALL. The cylinder design is great. Might need to get rid of it because of hand issues. any review giving is a matter of opinion of the person giving it. Featuring an 8-shot cylinder and a factory-tuned action, this revolver is hard to beat. A very special Model 19. - too big to carry; and too much for me to handle. Case volume was not an issue. Over the years I have owned most of the 357 Mag Revolvers you listed and since I reload I have put a lot of lead through them. I believe dan wesson should be on the list as well they had an innovative design of being able to swap barrels. The newer Model 627 is a beautiful handgun, but I like my Model 28 best. S&W Model 66 All in all though it is as good a choice I'd say as any on the list as far as practicality goes and at a much better price; only drawback being concealability but the Windy is similar to most of the revolvers mentioned above in that category. They are getting harder and harder to find as most people who have one will not part with it. Loved it. purchase helps support my work in bringing you more awesome gun and gear articles. Check out our review of the King Cobra or view what others think about the Cobra over on our Pew Pew Meter Page! Just stopping a threat does not mean the gun has "proven Stopping Power" Aside from being much more powerful, the .357 Magnum round also needed a 1/8-inch longer case to hold more gunpowder. I replaced it with the Single-six and enjoy that, but I'd rather have my GP-100 back. The Manurhin MR73. 4 in. A versatile line of purpose-built medium-frame revolvers in multiple configurations. (3 reviews) In terms of personal defense firearms: Im still partial to a S&W 13-3 I have and it has a lot of miles on it. Limited CapacityExpect 5 or 6 rounds at best. And in this role, few other sidearms built a better reputation for neutralizing deadly threats. Ill stack mine up to any revolver out there. Chiappa the new 357mag revolver with the 3' is easier to carry than the 4 inch but gives you better control than the 2 inch, so dont knock it till you try it. Indeed! Strong and very accurate. MODEL 351 PD. The best current production available, especially the 5 inch 686 performance 7 shot revolver. No mention of the CZ /Dan Wesson revolvers? It is a bit heavy in weight but, with an excellent OWB holster, it can be carried concealed. I had heard at one point that the Python's have the most moving parts of any revolver on the market which is one reason for their feel. Includes 6 pellet and 6 BB cartridges, 1500 Copperhead BBs, 5 CO2 cartridges, and Crosman Hunting .177 Cal, 7.4 Grains, Pointed, 250ct. This is a great gun. I manufactured ammo for over a decade commercially. At 17 ounces, it walks a fine line and, for the most part, is at the basement in what wed consider a manageable concealed carry magnum. For small frame revolvers, I dont recommend always shooting heavy-loaded, Its possible to wear out or break important parts of the revolver under these loads. MODEL 317 KIT GUN. guns & People may well see I have a gun. Eight major concealed carry insurance programs are now available to the millions of Americans who carry concealed. For the better part of the 20th Century, perhaps only the .38 Special overshadow its use by law enforcement. SMALL. BTW, I have the SS 6-shot models in 4" and 6", and find both to be superb handling, practically indestructable revolvers. The GP 100 is a work of art. The 27-2 is very nice. 357 MAGNUM $1139. I own a Ruger Blackhawk 61/2 stainless,, a S&w model 19-4,, and have sold off the two snubby .357s I dont really miss the EAA,, but wished I wouldnt have sold my Taurus 606 to my cousin. Great article. A .357 Magnum revolver for concealed carry really? Are you serious a ruger is a work of are. and (Speed Six in Stainless). I have an old model 19 and just recently started shooting again. The MR73 is the most exacting and high-end production revolver ever made. Gunbroker.com. Hey AJ, you can find the author and bio linked at the bottom of every article. The password should contain at least 8 characters with at least one number or special character. Lots of great guns and points here but as with any beat of list, you like what you like. Crosman SNR357 BB/pellet full metal revolver kit. I like the stainless steel version since it handles moisture better than blued steel. But I live in a state with unrestricted open and concealed carry, so YMMV.) If youre looking for a high-quality concealed-carry revolverthis is it. The Ruger is HD, the Kimber camping and trail. What about Kimber K6S? Sorry, Ted, but you might "bez" mistaken. I quit reading when I saw two Taurus revolvers on the list, and the 686 wasn't. It features a fixed rear sight, brass bead front sight, and Hogue Overmolded rubber grips, While heavier than the standard Colt Cobra, the extra weight. I've heard all the stories about Taurus problems, but this is a different kind of animal. The N frame is the largest frame used for the S&W .357 Magnum revolvers. Rate it below! Dual ammo, snub nose. It has enough heft to tame most of the recoil, though I swapped out the wood grip. 357 Mag/38 Spl +P Raging Hunter 357 Mag/38 Spl +P Two Tone 5.12 in. Powerful. back to . See how this works? I have handled some Redhawks in the store: Damned heavy, but certain to survive the thumping they 'impart' to the target when you run out of ammo. Compare. To boot, they're lookerstoo bad the guns are meant to avoid the light of day most of their lives. My carry gun is SP101. The reliability and durability of the SP101 in conjunction with its smaller size make this a great choice for backpackers, hikers, and other outdoors enthusiasts. Yes, the Blackhawk can take any hot 357 round in stride. no just the 627 almost the same gun so he used that one, and i agree with that choice. I was at my range one day with my teen sons, and another shooter pulled out his stainless steel revolver and both my sons wanted to shoot it, The nice guy let them try it, and they said I had to buy one. I did take it in to get cleaned up , but it runs very well . Internal construction can differ depending on the type of bullet and purpose. The round is based on the earlier Smith & Wesson .38 Special cartridge and was first designed with a 158-grain semi-jacketed soft point (flat) bullet. What do you think of the Ruger GP-100? SMALL. By no means is the popular myth true a short barrel degrades the magnum to +P .38 Special performance. Additional features include black Hogue grips and an exposed hammer. View. The gun features a fully adjustable rear sight, match trigger, and is completely hand-fitted to exacting tolerances. Difficult Double-Action TriggerIts long and heavy and requires much more practice than a snappy single-action or striker-fired pistol to achieve consistent accuracy. If I had younger eyes, I could push the distance further. Man did you guys blow it! You probably also know it as the gun that won the West. Simple. Developed for use by French police and Special Weapons and Tactics units and fielded by the French GIGN, the accuracy and durability of this revolver are legendary. The Dan Wesson-branded shells and speedloader will also work well in your Crosman SR.357.

A Nauseating Job Political Cartoon Symbolism, Glenn Guist Eye, Firearms Instructor Insurance Comparison, Partizan Belgrade Basketball Salaries, Samsung Ice Bucket Won't Go Back In, Articles OTHER