Easy to drive and park. I love it! I enjoy driving it very much. Equipped with either turbocharged engine, the 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser doesn't feel like a sports car, but it accelerates smartly once the turbo is spooled up. Cost to drive estimates for the 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M) and comparison vehicles are based on 15,000 miles per year (with a mix of 55% city and 45% highway driving) and energy estimates of $3.48 per gallon for regular unleaded in North Dakota. Don't ever buy a PT Cruiser!! Reliable, adequate power, easy to drive, 5 speed manual. Anytime it is over 75 degrees I put the top down. With regular maintenance, there's been no big problems. The Chrysler PT Cruiser comes in four-door wagon and two-door convertible body styles. It looks small but it has enough space inside and it doesn't feel cramped. The front end is big and the gas mileage is not the best but it works for me and my little family. Other than that, I will probably drive it until it dies. Only issue I have had with my vehicle is the small working space when needing to fix anything, most places try to charge extra for fixing it. Over time it also got increasingly worse in performance and now runs terribly and even has random bouts of giving out. The base engine in the 2005 PT Cruiser is a 2.4L inline-four delivering 150 horsepower and 165 lb.-ft. of torque. Not the best but certainly not bad. The 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser has been recalled 1 time by NHTSA. The 2006 hasn't needed any major work and has 120K on it now. Good gas mileage, It's a good vehicle. It packs a major punch with the turbo engine. Well if you hit 2,200,000 make sure you put in a new timing chain, Yes I had one for 6 7 years till some idiot ran into it and the government totaled it off but it was a very good car always started and never had to plug it in and pretty good on fuel never had problem with it except for a battery, Always loved the mob car look Love my 06 PT. The PT Cruiser is sort of small. It's still running so I say it's reliable and the comfort level is great. But, youre unlikely to see 300,000 on the odometer in a used model, as you cant vouch for the previous owners maintenance habits. Research the 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser at Cars.com and find specs, pricing, MPG, safety data, photos, videos, reviews and local inventory. Just a lot of fun to drive for any length of trip. There is a faulty cylinder in the engine block and the computer fails quite often. I don't like not having a resettable trip mileage thingy. Had to replace the clutch plate because the prior owner had used a really cheap part. By all accounts, it appears to be a very safe car. These charts provide the most comprehensive reliability information available to consumers. I HAVE A 2004 PT CRUISER WITH LESS THAN 5,000 MILES AND NEW TIRES HOW MUCH CAN I GET, How do I unlock and open the trunk on a 2006 PT cruiser, 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Convertible FWD For Sale, 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Convertible FWD For Sale, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. I like the look of it. These prices come from models with around 130,000 miles on the odometer, and cost of ownership is pretty low, with major breakdowns being pretty rare under 200,000 miles. I receive many compliments on what a nice car it is. The convertible is offered in base, Touring and GT trim. Of course those are all "1st world problems". Edmunds also provides consumer-driven dealership sales and service reviews to help you make informed decisions about what cars to buy and where to buy them. It is got a lot of room. They just don't make things like they used to. I like comfort and how much room there is in my PT Cruiser but it is still small enough to handle. I am used to small cars w/4 cylinder engines I expected it to lug a little up the hills but it kept pace just fine. Very good car with acceptable performance. I got it at drive time. Advantages: Chrysler added a convertible to the PT Cruiser lineup for 2005, and for 2006, the most exciting version of the ragtop is the GT Turbo model, with sport leather seats. The average price of a 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser oil change can vary depending on location. Keeping such an old vehicle in its lineup may appear an odd move for Chrysler but its important to note that the car still sells with essentially zero marketing costs and the tooling required to build it has been fully paid off. We purchased our 2006 Cruiser with 13K miles on it 66 months ago, we now have 115K miles, we traveled all over the country on all kinds of. RepairPal estimate an annual maintenance cost of $641 for the Chrysler PT Cruiser, with the most expensive common fix being a new fuel level sending unit, starting at around $764. The back seat is best left to kids, however, because of the hassle of getting in and out. because it was missing number four plug has no i skipped the cam seals and the center mount. Easy to navigate the roads. It isn't small or big, it is just right. All Rights Reserved. It's been fairly easy and cheap to maintain. Strong, reassuring brakes round out the PT's compliant road manners. If that were true, it would at least be valuable as a collectors item. 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Change Vehicle Compare Average Retail Price $3,050 - $4,250 Join for Ratings and Reviews The PT Cruiser's interior versatility and ease of access make it a. Fits a lot of stuff inside and is extremely attractive but very expensive on mechanical problems and for gas. Problems have only come about in the last year or so. It's well designed. A rather pleasant surprise was the versatility of the storage area. Did the real Prices shown are manufacturers suggested retail. In the wagon, cargo tie-down anchors, a rear-mounted 12-volt power point and a handy parcel shelf further improve the car's versatility. It is not running properly, has been overheating and the drivers side headlight does not work due to some sort of electrical problem. EPA fuel economy: 22 miles per gallon city/29 highway (base engine, manual) to 19 city/26 highway (high-output turbo, automatic). It does use premium gas (sometimes I use mid grade). For some model years, typically those of older or less popular cars, we do not have a large enough Kelley Blue Book users offer a lukewarm 75% recommendation for the 2005 PT Cruiser. It has lots of cargo space, cozy and comfortable seating. Enough space for a family of 5 automatic windows CD player and AUX cord. The car is cute. I don't like the rattle in the back because the watts link wore out to quickly! The Limited ups the ante with upgraded seats (with six-way power adjustment for the driver), side airbags, a moonroof, cruise control and chrome wheels. But the extra little features make it worth it. Rotate tires every 4,000 miles as well as balancing. . The mileage in my car is very low, 40,000-ish, for it's age. His automotive columns have appeared regularly in the Star-Telegram since 1995. The bumper is the only thing that was a major issue. Great on gas mileage, very smooth riding vehicle, love the old mobster style look and the round odometer and two other descriptors concealed within the dashboard. Location: Texas. Available transmissions include: 5-speed manual. Theres only 1 recall covering the rear quarter glass fasteners, and its not that serious compared to the other mechanical issues with the car. I think it is. Paid 300 to have it trying to see how far it will go with just regular maintenance. The front bumper is too low. Consumer Reports obtains its reliability data from a questionnaire that is sent to subscribers. Not the best for people with children as there's not much legroom after installing car seats. It's true that you have to go into the budget compact market with realistic expectations, but, even in this low price range, the PT Cruiser can't keep up with the competition. The paint is peeling and the roof's paint has faded. The Kia Sportage has a problem with the air conditioner. Influence-free. Expect to reach 250,000 on the original powertrain. She is neat easy drive. One good thing is it's great on gas. I wish: 1) it was a bit roomier inside - arm rests have to up before we can fasten the seat belt buckles, if the front seats could be adjusted back more than their present limit, headroom is not that comfortable for my taller friends; 2) the power window buttons were on the doors rather than the top of the central instrument panel; and 3) it had more storage up front. prices as low as $3,995 and mileage as low as 151788 miles. To bad they are not making them anymore. My question is im looking at a 2009 pt cruiser on Kimi looks good for 700 IT HAS A SMALL Both have been good. I told You are not allowed to eat in my car. Chrysler also offers a standard. Its very small. It' a safe car. Something is always going wrong. It's certainly more versatile (for city things) than most SUVs. 2992 PT with 144000 miles on it. The versatile seeting, smooth ride, and reasonable pricing all earned some positive remarks, as well. It is affordable and comfortable! The ONLY bad thing I can say is that sometimes, when I'm idling at a traffic light and the A/C is on, it may stop blowing cold air and start to 'stutter' a little bit. Very reliable car as far as mechanical, but the heater and radio did not work well. Frankly, I don't know what all the bad press is about. Based on information received from our latest subscriber survey, our reliability history charts give you a rundown on how used vehicles are holding up in 17 potential trouble spots, ranging from the engine, transmission, and brakes to power equipment and the electrical system. Some time ago, we took a road trip along the east coast of the USA in the 2004 that included the hills and valleys of Tennessee. I love it. No bluetooth or aux port. Also, the convertible top can be lowered without lowering the windows; an automatic system drops the windows about 40 millimeters when the top-down button is pushed. The technology was just updated in 2006 with a new stereo, and the car was discontinued after 2010. Seems like too many things needing repaired. The package: Subcompact, two-door, four-passenger, front-drive, four-cylinder, retro-styled convertible. Roomy in back sporty, dependable, My 2005 OR Cruiser has been very reliable. Back in June, Marchionne told Automotive News that production could continue at the cars Toluca plant in Mexico, and that's exactly what will happen. they considered serious (because of cost, failure, safety, or downtime). Dislike how the tow front seats are, making it harder to see when backing out. Have regular maintenance. It is comfortable. The vehicle I have is always clean. Powered by consumers. Yes it is a good vehicle. Some years are more prone to problems than others, though. Other than that I love my car. Exterior styling is revised with new front and rear fascias, as well as new wheel designs. Gets about 25 miles to the gallon. Great get around town car. Stock photography by. All models come with a feature called smart glass, which automatically lowers the windows about 10 millimeters when the doors are opened, helping to protect the seal between the windows and the convertible top. I would Within 3 years had to replace the entire back end of car - sometimes certain pieces TWICE! Yes, it is. It took Chrysler engineers three years to work out the details after the company introduced the ragtop concept at the 2001 New York auto show. I'm a female The Cruiser has been one of the most reliable cars we have owned. It is easy to drive and parallel park. Remove the rear seats and the wagon boasts an impressive 64.2 cubic feet of cargo capacity. Flickering lights are another frequent issue showing up at around 95,000 miles. Compact car. they dont work on cars older than 10 The car comes cheap for a reason. It also gets good gas mileage. No I have had trouble with it since the day I bought it. ago. The car looks nice, but has had multiple issues, have replaced brakes and tires, now the engine light is on. The rear seat, when lowered, give me a lot of room to carry almost anything I need. But I miss a big trunk/hatch. But it is low to the ground and small so I would not take any long road trips with it. Sorry if yours didn't suit you. light back on. There is no dents still good paint job on it and its white. I like the console or two different apartments. A lot of blindspot. It's currently waiting to be fixed, It's a neat little car thats gets me from a to b. Folding seats that make room inside for moving stuff. He is a member of the Automotive Press Association, and keeps up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry. Optional on Touring and Limited models is a turbocharged version of that engine, which puts out 180 hp. The vehicle is great on taking long road trips, good on gas and very spacious. But it's a good car it gets me from point A to point B. I have traveled in the car to Florida, Louisiana, and Mississippi. Makes it difficult to do you turns. Took it back to Chrysler offers a bumper-to-bumper warranty of 36 months or 36,000 miles. Changed timing timing belt, water pump and engine mounts replaced for about $900. I like the design of the car. Have questions about warranties or CPO programs? Alex is an automotive enthusiast with over 15 years of experience in the used car market. The PT convertible seems to have no more body sway and flex than most other convertibles, and less than some. Goodyear in Fayetteville about a month It is pretty reliable for the most part. And from a financial perspective, it's true, provided you're willing to make Trunk space much more generous than expected. ; GT high-output turbo, 230 hp. Major competitors: Volkswagen New Beetle convertible, Ford Mustang convertible, Toyota Solara convertible, Pontiac G6 convertible, Mazda MX5, Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky roadsters. Touring models with the base engine and manual gearbox are rated at 22 city/29 highway. ON NEW TIRES. It is totally embarrassing to drive but saves on gas. I used lucus for all of my oils so that my car can run all so smooth.

How Long Does A Skunk Smell Last After It Dies, Articles OTHER