BEST VALUE in digital Bible study. Start for FREE. They can only be seen as by the reflection in a mirror, or in the description of a riddle; but hereafter our knowledge will be free from all obscurity and error. When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 1 Corinthians 13 Chapter 13 Paul discusses the high status of charityCharity, a pure love, excels and exceeds almost all else. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. YouVersion uses cookies to personalize your experience. Faith fixes on the Divine revelation, and assents thereto, relying on the Divine Redeemer. 14(N)But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. Try Bible Gateway Plus free today! Used by permission. 13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these . 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body [ a]to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. 7bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. The Gospels 2 Corinthians 13:11, 1 Peter 3:11, Psalms 4:8, Philippians 4:9, Galatians 5:22, Isaiah 12:2 Johannine Writings Greeting. For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. Handed down. Sign up now for the latest news and deals from Bible Gateway! 2And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the [a]testimony of God. GenesisExodusLeviticusNumbersDeuteronomyJoshuaJudgesRuth1 Samuel2 Samuel1 Kings2 Kings1 Chronicles2 ChroniclesEzraNehemiahEstherJobPsalmsProverbsEcclesiastesSong of SongsIsaiahJeremiahLamentationsEzekielDanielHoseaJoelAmosObadiahJonahMicahNahumHabakkukZephaniahHaggaiZechariahMalachiMatthewMarkLukeJohnActsRomans1 Corinthians2 CorinthiansGalatiansEphesiansPhilippiansColossians1 Thessalonians2 Thessalonians1 Timothy2 TimothyTitusPhilemonHebrewsJames1 Peter2 Peter1 John2 John3 JohnJudeRevelation, Select a Beginning Point If I dont have love, I am nothing at all. Read more A verification email has been sent to the address you provided. Verses 8-13 Charity is much to be preferred to the gifts on which the Corinthians prided themselves. 10But (J)God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. Enter code SPRINGSTUDY15 and have answers to your Bible questions at your fingertips. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. Spiritual Gifts at Corinth 9For we are glad (N)when we are weak and you are strong. Matt. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. GenesisExodusLeviticusNumbersDeuteronomyJoshuaJudgesRuth1 Samuel2 Samuel1 Kings2 Kings1 Chronicles2 ChroniclesEzraNehemiahEstherJobPsalmsProverbsEcclesiastesSong of SongsIsaiahJeremiahLamentationsEzekielDanielHoseaJoelAmosObadiahJonahMicahNahumHabakkukZephaniahHaggaiZechariahMalachiMatthewMarkLukeJohnActsRomans1 Corinthians2 CorinthiansGalatiansEphesiansPhilippiansColossians1 Thessalonians2 Thessalonians1 Timothy2 TimothyTitusPhilemonHebrewsJames1 Peter2 Peter1 John2 John3 JohnJudeRevelation, Select an Ending Point But even with all these things, if I do not have love, then I am nothing. 12 For just as i the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, j so it is with Christ. And this also we pray, # 1 Cor. New American Standard Bible 1995, 3 . Prophets For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God's deep secrets. Explain verse, Mt 7:22 1 Co 12:810 1 Co 12:28 1 Co 14:1. General Epistles Test yourselves. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. Suppose I can understand all the secret things of God and know everything about him. 2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 12For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. A clear head and a deep understanding, are of no value without a benevolent and charitable heart. Start for FREE. Article Images Copyright 2023 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated. Tools 2Co 2:5 But if anyone has caused grief, he has not grieved me, but all of you to some extentnot to be too severe. Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother, To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours: You may unsubscribe from Bible Gateways emails at any time. Paul is acknowledged as the author both by the letter itself ( 1:1-2; 16:21) and by the early church fathers. The New Testament BEST VALUE in digital Bible study. Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Sign up now for the latest news and deals from Bible Gateway! 12(T)Greet one another with a holy kiss. Email / username or password was incorrect! Please try again soon. 1 Corinthians 2:10-13 New Living Translation (NLT) 10 But it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit. And suppose I have enough faith to move mountains. All rights reserved. Tongues are good, prophecy and knowledge and faith are good, sacrifice is good. If you have any questions, please review our Privacy Policy or email us at privacy@biblegateway.com. 2Suppose I have the gift of prophecy. 3:18; 5:7]; Phil. Luke-Acts 14 For in fact the body is . 2And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 14(U)The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and (V)the [d]communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Copyright 1982 by Thomas Nelson. (R)Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love (S)and peace will be with you. Sign up now for the latest news and deals from Bible Gateway! 1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. 4(H)For though He was crucified in weakness, yet (I)He lives by the power of God. 1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. What Every Christian Should Know about the Protestant Reformation. For more information on this translation, see the NKJV Preface. Copyright 2023, Bible Study Tools. By submitting your email address, you understand that you will receive email communications from Bible Gateway, a division of The Zondervan Corporation, 3900 Sparks Drive SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 USA, including commercial communications and messages from partners of Bible Gateway. How are those deluded who look for acceptance and reward for their good works, which are as scanty and defective as they are corrupt and selfish! 1And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the [a] testimony of God. 10:28, 1 Cor. If you have any questions, please review our Privacy Policy or email us at privacy@biblegateway.com. Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Historical Books What Does Colossians 2:6-7 Teach Us about Our Faith Walk? And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. Suppose I can understand all the secret things of God and know everything about him. New King James Version (NKJV). Are we willing to lay aside selfish objects and aims? and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. All rights reserved. prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith. GenesisExodusLeviticusNumbersDeuteronomyJoshuaJudgesRuth1 Samuel2 Samuel1 Kings2 Kings1 Chronicles2 ChroniclesEzraNehemiahEstherJobPsalmsProverbsEcclesiastesSong of SongsIsaiahJeremiahLamentationsEzekielDanielHoseaJoelAmosObadiahJonahMicahNahumHabakkukZephaniahHaggaiZechariahMalachiMatthewMarkLukeJohnActsRomans1 Corinthians2 CorinthiansGalatiansEphesiansPhilippiansColossians1 Thessalonians2 Thessalonians1 Timothy2 TimothyTitusPhilemonHebrewsJames1 Peter2 Peter1 John2 John3 JohnJudeRevelation, (Hebrew/Greek Search by English Definition), Search verses, phrases, and topics (e.g. 5:14; (1 Pet. 4Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up. You may unsubscribe from Bible Gateways emails at any time. New Living Translation (B)By the mouth of two or three witnesses every word shall be established. 2(C)I have told you before, and foretell as if I were present the second time, and now being absent [a]I write to those (D)who have sinned before, and to all the rest, that if I come again (E)I will not spare 3since you seek a proof of Christ (F)speaking in me, who is not weak toward you, but mighty (G)in you. 1 Corinthians 13:2 King James Version (KJV 1900) 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. Blessed state! The Gospels If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. Bible > 1 Corinthians > Chapter 13 > Verse 2 1 Corinthians 13:2 Verse (Click for Chapter) King James Bible But if I dont have love, I am nothing. 3:10; Col. 1:24 the . 1 Corinthians 2:12New King James Version. 2And if I have the gift of prophecy and I know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith so that I can remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling. By submitting your email address, you understand that you will receive email communications from Bible Gateway, a division of The Zondervan Corporation, 3900 Sparks Drive SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 USA, including commercial communications and messages from partners of Bible Gateway. 13This will be (A)the third time I am coming to you. VERSE 1 Corinthians 13:13 "And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity." King James Version (KJV) < Previous Verse Next Verse > View Chapter 1 Corinthians 13:13 Context 18:10; (1 John 3:2). 9(K)For we know in part and we prophesy in part. Major Prophets The Whole Bible Do you not know yourselves, (K)that Jesus Christ is in you?unless indeed you [b]are (L)disqualified. 2And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony [fn] of God. General Epistles Textus Receptus. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of Gods secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didnt love others, I would be nothing. Septuagint, Historical Books You may unsubscribe from Bible Gateways emails at any time. I may have the gift to speak what God has revealed, and I may understand all mysteries and have all knowledge. (I)Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,Nor have entered into the heart of manThe things which God has prepared for those who love Him.. 2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. Our website uses cookies to store user preferences. 12:7; [1 Cor. Join today!. The text of the New King James Version (NKJV) appearing on or deriving from this or any other web page is for personal use only. Individual instructors or editors may still require the use of URLs. What narrow views, what confused notions of things, have children when compared with grown men! remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 4:10 when we are weak and you are strong. Latin Vulgate, If we give away all we have, while we withhold the heart from God, it will not profit. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away. 11When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 1 Corinthians 2:12 in all English translations. If you have any questions, please review our Privacy Policy or email us at privacy@biblegateway.com. 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who # Is. 1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God. It is a grace, lasting as eternity. 17:6; 19:15; Matt. Why Does God Compare Our Relationship with Him to That of a Bride and Groom? Used by permission. 7Now [c]I pray to God that you do no evil, not that we should appear approved, but that you should do what is honorable, though (M)we may seem disqualified. The Holy Bible, New King James Version, Copyright 1982 Thomas Nelson. Has this principle guided us into becoming behaviour to all men? 2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

Portland Racquet Club Membership Cost, Ever Fortune Vessel Tracking, The Silence Parents Guide, Panolian Batesville, Ms Obituaries, Kemp Design Model Advantages And Disadvantages, Articles OTHER